Developmental English Learning Center
The DELC will continue to hold tutoring sessions
throughout the semester
during our regular tutoring hours.
All of our sessions with you will be online.
Drop-in Sessions Are Online in Real Time
- Log in to your student Wildcat Mail gmail account, and start an email chat session with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will answer you and help you get going.
- You will share your paper with us in Google Docs so you and the tutor can see the paper together. If you want to see and hear each other with video, we'll show you how.
Appointment Sessions Are Online in Real Time
To get an appointment to meet a writing tutor to go over your paper or project, use this link:
- Select Appointment--Ogden Writing Center from the drop-down list.
- At the time of your appointment, please log in to your student Wildcat Mail gmail account, and the tutor will open a chat session with you.
- Simply click Accept in the pop-up window on your email screen to get started.
If you have access to a computer but not to a camera, we can possibly hold the online session over the phone and through the chat feature while looking at the paper together.
Welcome to the DELC!
We promote student academic success and life skills development by providing free drop-in and appointment tutoring during day, evening, and weekend hours, for students in Developmental English classes.
How to Get the Most out of a DELC Tutoring Session
Plan your time, coming in early in the writing process and leaving yourself time to revise. You may also want one or more follow-up sessions, and planning well allows you time to revise well and edit well.
Bring a description of the assignment, if available, and be familiar with your professor’s expectations.
Unless you are seeking a brainstorming session, bring a printed copy of your paper's most recent draft. Also, our printers are available to print works to be tutored.
Let the tutor know what you are most concerned about, and be sure to ask questions. This relationship is meant to support your ability to write with confidence and skill.
Fall and Spring Hours
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Spring 2020 Holiday Hours
Jan. 6 - 11 -- M - F 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Jan. 13 - 18 -- M - F 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Jan. 20 -- Closed, MLK, Jr. Day
Feb. 17 -- Closed, Pres. Day
Feb. 29 -- Mar. 6 -- Closed, Spring Break
Apr. 23, 1:00 p.m. -- Closed between semesters
Finals Week Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
We are then closed until the beginning of Spring 2020 semester.
Elizabeth Hall, Room 212
1395 Edvalson St., Dept. 1411
Ogden, UT 84408
More Writing Tutoring