Developmental English Learning Center
Drop-in Sessions Are Face to Face or Online in Real Time
- Log in to your student Wildcat Mail gmail account, and start an email or Hangouts chat session with email@example.com.
- We will answer you and help you get going.
- You will share your paper with us in Google Docs so you and the tutor can see the paper together. If you want to see and hear each other with video, we'll show you how.
Appointment Sessions Are Face to Face or Online in Real Time
To get an appointment to meet a writing tutor to go over your paper or project, use this link:
- Select Appointment--Ogden Writing Center from the drop-down list.
- A couple of days before your appointment, please log in to your student Wildcat Mail gmail account, and accept our Hangouts Invitation. At the time of your appointment, the tutor will use Hangouts to have a chat session with you and to start the video call.
- Simply click Accept in the pop-up window on your email screen to get started.
If you have access to a computer but not to a camera, we can possibly hold the online session over the phone and through the chat feature while looking at the paper together.
Welcome to the DELC!
We promote student academic success and life skills development by providing free drop-in and appointment tutoring during day, evening, and weekend hours, for students in Developmental English classes.
How to Get the Most out of a DELC Tutoring Session
Plan your time, coming in early in the writing process and leaving yourself time to revise. You may also want one or more follow-up sessions, and planning well allows you time to revise well and edit well.
Bring a description of the assignment, if available, and be familiar with your professor’s expectations.
Unless you are seeking a brainstorming session, bring a printed copy of your paper's most recent draft. Also, our printers are available to print works to be tutored.
Let the tutor know what you are most concerned about, and be sure to ask questions. This relationship is meant to support your ability to write with confidence and skill.
Fall 2021 Hours
Hours to get tutoring face to face and online
Fri. - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hours to get tutoring online only
- Monday, Sept. 6: Closed
- Wednesday, Nov. 24: Closed
December Finals Week Hours
Elizabeth Hall, Room 210/212
More Writing Tutoring