Departmental Honors in Cybersecurity and Network Management
Departmental Honors offers distinction to the best students in the major. This program recognizes accomplishments in the following three areas: scholarship, leadership and professionalism.
Departmental Honors Requirements
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a major GPA of 3.7.
- Complete all the BS requirements for the Network Management Technology major.
- Take at least 1 general education requirement course designated as an honors generated course.
- Document 2 professional certifications approved by your major advisor.
- Participate in your community by completing 1 of the following:
- Complete a networking service learning project with a minimum of 20 hours (seek prior approval from your major advisor.) The networking project should be accompanied with a one-page description of the project objectives and an evaluation of the resulting project’s capacity to satisfy those objectives.
- Present at a professional conference in an area related to your major (obtain prior approval from your major advisor).
- Complete the Honors Requirement listed below for 1 upper-division networking course:
- Receive at least an A- in the course
- Submit 2 research papers on 2 separate topics related to the course. Each research paper must be at least 8 pages double-spaced or 4 pages single-spaced with proper citations and references. Topic choices for research papers should be pre-approved by the instructor.
Applying for Departmental Honors
- Complete the Departmental Honors Application (found at https://www.weber.edu/honors/).
- Contact a Cybersecurity and Network Management major advisor, who will review and sign your application.
- Submit the signed application to Marilyn Diamond, the Honors Program advisor.
- You must be admitted into Departmental Honors for at least 1 semester before graduating. (You will receive a letter confirming your acceptance in the program.)
- Meet the requirements listed above.
- Visit with your Major Advisor early in the semester of anticipated graduation to complete the Departmental Honors Exit Application (found at https://weber.edu/Honors/forms.html).
- Submit the signed form to Marilyn Diamond, the Honors Program advisor, who will clear you for graduation with Departmental Honors.
- Please note:
- The exit application must be submitted prior to fall break for fall graduation and prior to spring break for spring graduation.
- You must still apply through the Graduation Office.
Recognition Through Departmental Honors
- Your transcript and degree diploma will be printed with the distinction “Departmental Honors in Network Management Technology.”
- You will receive an invitation to all Honors Program social and educational events.
- You will receive an invitation to the Honors Nye Banquet when you graduate.