Faculty and Staff
Weber State employees who are on campus have a personal responsibility to:
- Get vaccinated
- Maintain physical distance
- Wear face coverings
- Keep classroom and office spaces clean
- Practice good hygiene
- Stay home when sick
Employees who have concerns or need to request accommodations should contact their immediate supervisor or Human Resources. In general, faculty and staff should not ask students if they are vaccinated, or plan to be vaccinated, because that conversation may prompt disclosure of disability-related information.
Members of the campus community who test positive for COVID-19 are encouraged to self-report. More information is on the testing and safety page.
Working On and Off Campus
Weber State has lifted all COVID-19 travel restrictions. Individuals considering international travel should review and follow CDC recommendations regarding travel to specific destinations.
Those teaching classes are expected to:
- Keeping a record of attendance and seating is highly encouraged
- Include a COVID-19 statement in the syllabus and on Canvas
- Clean high-touch surfaces before class begins
- Other expectations and information are available at our Preparing to Teach webpage
Faculty may not change the delivery format as it appears in Banner except under unusual circumstances per the Policies and Procedures Manual. In spring semester 2022, Provost Ravi Krovi provided faculty and deans guidance on when in-person classes could be moved to online instruction temporarily.