Clubs & Organizations Forms and Resources
Policies and Best Practices
Tiered Recognition Program
Weber Dining Catering
Important Campus Contacts
Areas and Teams Important to All WSU Clubs and Organizations.
Accounting: To setup a new index (cost) code account, to find out the balance on an account, and for any other questions regarding club finances, contact Heather Cimino at 801-626-6824, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Recreation: Located in the Wildcat Rec Center, the Campus Recreation department can help any student organization classified as a club sports and/or a club or organization seeking information about Campus Rec facilities, rentals, etc. For information about club sports contact Morgan Fradley at 801-626-6476, for information about facilities and rentals contact Tammy Bates at 801-626-6637.
WSUSA Clubs and Organizations Team: Student leaders on the WSUSA Clubs and Organizations Team can assist any club with event planning, recruitment, marketing of events, etc. For more information on how to get in contact or get involved with the WSUSA Clubs and Organizations Team, contact Heather Cimino at 801-626-6824, email@example.com.
Leadership Development: Students interested in further developing their leadership skills and experience can get involved in various leadership programs offered at Weber State University through the Department of Student Involvement and Leadership. For more information on leadership workshops, discussions, conferences, and classes, contact Sheldon Cheshire at 801-626-6349, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs: The Vice President of Student Affairs, Brett Perozzi, and his dedicated staff continue to support the growth and success of student organizations at Weber State University. For more information on the Division of Student Affairs at Weber State University, visit www.weber.edu/studentaffairs.
Scheduling and Room Reservations: Registered/recognized student organizations have the privilege of reserving space within the Shepherd Union Building for meetings, practices, workshops, social events, tabling, or conferences. For information on room availability, or to reserve space for a future event, contact Scheduling, Events, and Conference Services at 801-626-7285, email@example.com. Additionally, Scheduling, Events, and Conference Services offer the ability to check availability and reserve rooms through their online EMS system.
Risk Management: The goal of proactive risk management is to ensure student organizations plan and host events where everyone involved has a safe and fun experience. Risk management is the process of advising organizations of the potential and perceived risks involved in their activities, as well as supervising organization activities, and taking corrective actions and proactive steps to minimize accidental injury and/or loss. Clubs should contact Risk Management at 801-626-6832 or firstname.lastname@example.org if an upcoming event involves any perceived risk to ensure that all risk mitigations efforts are considered and approval for the event is given.
Leadership Workshops Through SIL
The Department of Student Involvement and Leadership offers specialized leadership development training for WSU clubs and organizations. Please complete the C&O Leadership Training Request Form to have the SIL staff facilitate a leadership workshop for your group.
The workshops you can choose from include:
- 5 Smooth Stones of Organizational Leadership
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- 360 Degree Leadership
- Branding and Marketing Your Events Using FOMO
- CliftonStrengths for Students (formerly known as StrengthsQuest)
- Context, Style, and Audience: Learning the Art of Effective Communication
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Event Planning
- Initiating Effectively - Hazing Prevention Training
- Making Meetings More Worthwhile
- Motivating and Encouraging Your Members
- The Power of Leadership
- Prioritizing for Success: Time Management & Deciding What Truly Matters
- The Speed of Trust: The Catalyst to Successful Leadership
- Toybox Leadership
- Working with a Budget
If you do not see a topic that meets your group's needs let us know and we can work with you to create a training specifically for your club or organization.
Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, and Other Resources
- Need a graphic design to market your club event?
- Want your event posted on WSUSA's social media?
- Best Practices Timeline for Marketing Your Event
- Clubs & Orgs Logo Standards (PDF)
- Training Assistance for Marketing/Web/Social Media/Graphic Design
- Club/Org Social Media Accounts: Guidelines, Policies, and Accessibility Tips
- Need a club email (ex. email@example.com)? Email Heather Cimino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Signature Generator
- WSU Student Resources Guide