|Jeremy Botelho||Cottages of Hope|
|Christine Heslop (Chair-Elect)||Ogden School District Career & Technical Education|
|Ryan Calder (Chair)||Weber Human Services|
|Raquel Da Silva||Family Promise of Ogden|
|Nate Davis||Prevent Child Abuse Utah|
|Leslie Flynn||HAFB Child and Youth Education Services|
|Lynne Goodwin||Treehouse Children’s Museum|
|Brett Lund||Davis/Morgan/Summit Head Start|
|Jeffery Noland||Second District Juvenile Court|
|Barbara Norris||A Center for Grieving Children|
|CodiAnne Nye (Past Chair)||Ogden-Weber Community Action Partnership Head Start|
|Sheryl Rushton||Department of Teacher Education|
|Janet Seachris||HAFB Airman & Family Readiness Center|
|Margaret Sanchez||YCC Family Crisis Center|
|Julee Smith||Child and Family Studies Adjuct Instructor|
|Crystal Knippers||WSU Care about Childcare|
|Rebecca Sagers||Weber School District|
|Stacy Johnson||Davis School District|
The Child and Family Studies Community Advisory Board at Weber State University is a programmatic board comprised of WSU educators in addition to working professionals from a variety of settings in the community. The board works to advocate for the department to the community it serves as well as to provide feedback to the department from the community. The board provides a vital link between educators, students, and practitioners in the field.
Roles and Responsibilities of the board include:
- Providing support and advice to the Child and Family Studies department and programs.
- Sharing developments in the field to help ensure the department is producing graduates with the skills required to meet employment needs in the community.
- Providing an ongoing exchange of information and ideas.
- Identifying, presenting and/or hosting opportunities for practicum experiences.
- Assisting with program marketing and promotion.
- Assisting with planning and administration of the Families Alive Conference.
- Participating in department credentialing.
- Participating in department activities (i.e. guest speaker, round table luncheon, student activities).
- Collaborate on projects and initiatives that will improve the lives of children and families in the community.