Experiential Learning Online Community of Practice
Facilitators: Sally Cantwell firstname.lastname@example.org and Brent Horn email@example.com
Welcome to the Facilitating Experiential Learning Online COP page. This community is dedicated to sharing ideas about how to take labs, clinicals, studios, and other types of experiential learning activities into the online and virtual realm.
Some content and skills require specialized teaching environments to maximize their effectiveness, thus a wide variety of disciplines use experiential activities for teaching. However, activities such as science labs, health clinicals, art studio creation, and student teaching are REALLY difficult to accomplish in online environments. This community provides discussion, learning and support for the development of experiential learning activities in online and virtual environments.
Next meeting for the Summer Grantees is July 1 @ 11:00am
Contact Brent Horn for an invite to the Zoom meeting.
We will be doing a Tech Check-In and in-depth introduction of our innovation consultant team.
In the spirit of using currently integrated innovations, we have a Google Chat room (COP-Experiential Learning Online) for sharing updates, accomplishments and other news.
Email Brent Horn for an invite to the Chat Room
- Standard Examiner article "WSU faculty won’t waste the COVID crisis" by Dr. David Ferro
- Check out the new course delivery options for you and your students for the Fall 2020 semester!
- Experiential Learning Theory article by Alice and David Kolb
Creative Academic Technology Solutions (CATS)
- Development of virtual, augmented, mixed reality labs or environments, etc.
- Contact Alan Ferrin.
- Evaluating outside of the classroom technology, software or service.
- Identifying and implementing in-classroom technology.
- Contact Ty Naylor.
Teaching and Learning Forurm (TLF)
- Expirential learning pedagogy assessment.
- Contact Colleen Packer.
- Development of interactive online activities such as games, case studies, simulated lab environments, etc.
- Contact Oliver Snow.