Internship Information for Employers
Internship Policy | COVID-19
1) Students should follow the guidance of the employers that they are interning with;
2) If no guidance has been given, students should insist that employers find workarounds for interns to work remotely;
3) If remote work is not possible, make sure to have students practice rigorous social distancing;
4) If social distancing is not possible, have students stop the internship.
Internships are a greaty way for you to create buzz about your company's brand image. They can help you create a great pipeline for future employees and are a much more effective means of interviewing than a traditional interview. Interns are a great way to get candid feedback about your company's processes and procedures and can provide a fresh look on how your company does business.
Types of Internships:
There are many types of internships... paid, unpaid, for credit, not for credit, semester-long internships, year-long internships, on-campus internships and off-campus internships.
The type of internship that your company offers can be a difficult decision to make, with lots of variables. Our internship outreach team is happy to help you in discussing your options (contact information below).
If you decide that an unpaid internship is the best option for your company, refer to the Department of Labor's Primary Beneficiary Test.
If a student is receiving course credit for their internship, there may be specific requirements that the student needs to complete as part of their internship course. When hiring your intern, be sure to discuss with them any course requirements.
Post Your Internships with WSU
Post career and internship oppotrtunities for Weber State students and alumni on Handshake
- Career & Internship Fairs
- On-Campus Tabling
- Information Sessions
Internship Outreach Team
If you have any questions about recruiting or hiring interns from Weber State University or about developing an internship program within your institution or if you are interested in having us tour your facility to learn more about your organization, please contact us!
- Robert Ameling - firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-626-6960
- Barry Flitton - email@example.com | 801-626-6396