50/50 Student Employment Funding Program
What is 50/50?
The 50/50 Program is designed to promote the creation of new, on-campus student jobs to allow more opportunities for students to work on campus. These new positions are intended to help students gain meaningful work experience and provide a support system of faculty and staff that aids in student retention.
The 50/50 program will provide 50 percent of wage, up to $4.50, to qualifying positions and students. Positions and students must meet requirements in order to qualify for funding.
What requirements must my position meet in order to qualify for funding?
*Funding approval will continue indefinitely at the discretion of the 50/50 Student Employment Committee
What requirements must my student meet in order to qualify for funding for a student hourly position or an internship?
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Must meet the minimum credit hour requirements for the semesters the supervisor is requesting funding
- Fall: 12 credit hours
- Spring: 12 credit hours
- Summer: 6 credit hours
- Must be an undergraduate student working on their FIRST bachelor's degree (cannot be post-baccalaureate)
- Resident, non-resident and international students will be eligible to work under its provisions
- Additional requirements apply to international students. Please contact International Student Services for more information
*Hired students must comply with the standard HR and budgetary procedures for hiring and cannot commence work until these procedures are completed
What would you like to do today? (I don't know what form I need to submit)
Attention supervisors and timekeepers:
At this time, we will not be able to approve any new requests for 50/50 funding for the summer semester.
Forms will open to submit fall semester positions on August 1, 2020.
I want to submit a remove student form
I want to submit an update information form
If you have questions about the program, please contact:
Assistant Director of Programming & Career Counselor