The 50/50 process is currently changing. Please review the requirements list on the website below. After reviewing the requirements please email email@example.com for instructions.
Fall 50/50 funding will open in August 2022.
The 50/50 Program is designed to promote the creation of new, on-campus student jobs to allow more opportunities for students to work on campus. These new positions are intended to help students gain meaningful work experience and provide a support system of faculty and staff that aids in student retention.
The 50/50 program will provide 50 percent of the student wage, up to $5.00, to qualifying positions and students. Positions and students must meet requirements in order to qualify for funding. For more information, review our 50/50 Policies and Procedures.
What requirements must my position meet in order to qualify for funding?
Student Hourly Position
- New Position
- 20 hours per week or less
- $10.00 per hour minimum wage
- On-campus job
- Provides meaningful work that allows for development of skills in career & self development, leadership, communication, professionalism, critical thinking, teamwork, equity & inclusion, and technology
- Supervisors and timekeepers must pass with a 10 out of 10 on the 50/50 training quiz prior to applying for funding and on a yearly basis (the answers to the questions can be found on this webpage)
Funding will expire if position is unfilled for two consecutive semesters (not including summer semester)*
Student Internship (what is an internship?)
- 29 hours per week or less
- $10.00 per hour minimum wage
- 1 to 2 semesters maximum duration
- On-campus internship
- Has clearly defined learning goals and objectives related to the professional goals of the student's academic coursework
- Mentorship by a professional with expertise and/or educational background pertaining to the internship position. Mentor must provide routine feedback
- Mentors and timekeepers must pass with a 10 out of 10 on the 50/50 training quiz prior to applying for an internship and on a yearly basis (the answers to the questions can be found on this webpage)
*Funding approval will continue indefinitely at the discretion of the 50/50 Student Employment Committee
What requirements must my student meet in order to qualify for funding for a student hourly position or an internship?
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Must meet the minimum credit hour requirements for the semesters the supervisor is requesting funding
- Fall: 12 credit hours
- Spring: 12 credit hours
- Summer: 6 credit hours
- Must be an undergraduate student working on their FIRST bachelor's degree (cannot be post-baccalaureate)
- Resident, non-resident and international students are eligible to work under its provisions
- Additional requirements apply to international students. Please contact International Student and Scholar Center for more information
- Must attend GetSET - available each Fall semester.
Hired students must comply with the standard HR and budgetary procedures for hiring and cannot commence work until these procedures are completed. For more information on hiring processes, visit Work @ Weber.
If you have questions about the program, please contact: