Take the following steps to register for your internship:
- Determine how many credits you are going to take for the upcoming semester. You must complete 60 internship hours for each credit earned. Check with your advisor to be sure that you will have enough upper-division credits to graduate (40 minimum).
- Locate a site to do your internship. If you need help finding an internship site, contact the course instructor Dr. Conrad Gabler at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or review the list of internship sites that have taken Athletic Therapy interns in the past: Past Internship Sites.
*Note: Some internship sites may require students to provide immunization records, complete a background check, and/or complete a drug test. Some sites may also have other requirements such as required trainings. All expenses associated with internships are the student's responsibility.
- Download the Internship Manual and review the course content and assignments. (Internship Manual as a Word document)
- Print the appropriate internship contract, depending on whether your internship will be paid or unpaid.
Complete the contract, sign it, have your internship supervisor (the AT, PT, OT, PA, MD, etc. who will be supervising you on your internship) sign it, and then set up a meeting with the course instructor.
To set up an internship for AT 4890, contact Dr. Conrad Gabler at email@example.com.
- After you have submitted your contract, the course instructor will submit an override to allow you to register for the course and will review the syllabus, course requirements and deadlines with you.