BTS Arts Internship
BTS Arts is growing! This means districts in the WSU service area (Davis School District, Weber School District, Ogden School District, Morgan School District, and surrounding charter schools) are hiring more than ~48-96 new BTS Arts educators in the next 5 years. These potential teacher positions will be in music, dance, drama, and visual art; part-time or full-time, and offer the opportunity to earn required teaching licenses and arts endorsements while working. Fall 2023 applications are now open!
Check out this video about the WSU BTS Arts Internship.
- Paid! ($15/hour)
- Positions in elementary (K-6) music, dance, drama, and visual art
Required: Basic art form knowledge in one (or more) or the following: dance, music, drama, or visual art
Preferred: Teaching experience
- Flexible scheduling
- Fall 2023 cohort runs from Sept to Nov
- Spring 2024 cohort runs from Jan to Mar
- 20 hours/semester – includes:
- (10 hours) online modules
- (8 hours) observation, prep, and co-teaching
- (2 hours) online reflection
What Will Interns Do?
- Learn about the BTS Arts
- Become familiar with arts integration
- Observe a BTS Arts arts educator
- Co-teach an arts integration lesson in the elementary classroom
- Explore classroom management skills for the arts classroom
- Develop age-appropriate and standards-based arts lessons, exercises, etc
Need more information?
Please visit the following websites:
Have questions? Contact Samantha Steffan (firstname.lastname@example.org), BTS Arts Program Coordinator.