AHA! Arts & Humanities Advisory Council
The Arts & Humanities Advisory Council (AHA!) furthers the mission of the Telitha E. Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities by providing expertise, financial support and community connections to support exceptional teaching, learning opportunities and community enrichment through art and cultural presentations.
The objectives of the Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities Advisors are to:
- Advise the Dean of the Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities on matters of the Lindquist College and its departments and programs as they relate to the regional community.
- Review and advise on new curricula, recruitment and placement strategies.
- Support the mission of the Lindquist College to offer students the very best possible education and the arts and humanities.
- Serve as informed ambassadors, advocates and liaisons in the community
- Personally engage new people in the programs of the Lindquist College
- Assist with fundraising efforts of the Lindquist College by identifying, informing, educating and cultivating prospects
- Create and promote a positive image for, and understanding of, the Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities
- Expand linkages between the Lindquist College and the art, cultural, and educational communities and institutions across the Wasatch Front specifically, and in the State of Utah generally.
The Arts & Humanities College Advisory Council (AHA! Board) is seeking nominations for awards to deserving people associated with Lindquist College in five categories: student, faculty, staff, friend of the college, and alumni.
Nominations are due May 2, 2023.
AHA! Advisory Members
|William Hughes, Board Chair||Retired Physician, Rocky Mountain OB/GYN|
|Kathy Peterson, Board Vice Chair||Wasatch Distributing|
|Joseph Ray Barrios, Jr.||General Counsel (Attorney), Insurance Receivers' Office|
|Brandi Bosworth||Public Relations Coordinator, Ogden Nature Center|
|Steven Cain||Cardiac Surgeon|
|Sarah K. Chaplin||President-CEO, New Jersey State Theatre|
|Javier C. Chavez, Jr.||Founder and President Cerveza Zolupez Beer Company|
|Cathay Nelson Christiansen||Retired, Quest Communication (Century Link)|
|Ryan Godderidge||Vice President, Marketing Sales at Browning Arms|
|Bob Harris||Retired, Vice President & General Counsel, Thiokol Corporation|
|Colleen Letendre||Community Volunteer|
|Jean H. Andra Miller||Professor Emerita of French, Weber State University|
|Thomas J. Moore||Educator|
|Ta'u Pupu'a||Opera Singer|
|Matt L. Shay||Commercial Graphic Artist, Owner of Shay Design|
|Julia Babilis Stephens||Staff Attorney, Utah Legal Services|
|Heidi E. Thornock||English Teacher, Writer, Mom|
|Cammie Titus||Owner of Cammie Titus Piano Studio|
|Ralph Vander Heide||Retired Educator/Consultant, Northern Association of Schools|
|Jack Wahlen||Physician, Endocrinology at McKay-Dee Endocrine & Diabetes Clinic|
|Alicia Marie Washington||Good Company Theatre, Owner|
Connect with Lindquist College
Weber State University
Val A. Browning Center