Bachelor of Integrated Studies
The Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) Program is an interdisciplinary degree program that serves the needs of students who want to create a specific academic program, obtain a broad liberal education, prepare for particular career goals, or go to graduate school.
If you wish to include Visual Art & Design as art of your Bachelor of Integrated Studies Degree, please complete the following steps:
Steps to Apply
- Write a statement of intent explaining your educational goals and why they can’t be achieved with a combination of existing majors and minors. This statement will be the foundation on which you and your advisor build your curriculum. In two to three paragraphs, answer the following questions:
- What do I want to know and be able to do as a result of my study?
- Why will my integrated studies program be the best way to reach my goals?
- Email this statement to Matt Choberka at email@example.com or K Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are familiar with DOVAD, you may suggest a faculty member that you would like to have as a mentor.
- Your statement will be reviewed and forward it to the faculty member they feel is best suited to help you develop your program of study.
- The faculty member will review your proposal and, if they feel it is sound, will contact you to schedule an appointment to set up your program of study. The faculty member who signs the contract agrees that it is a worthy program and will be willing to help guide you in your studies and serve on your capstone committee. If the faculty member believes the proposal is unsound, they will notify the chair, who will then contact you.