Become an Academic Peer Coach
Academic Peer Coach
Coach WSU students in learning and study strategies such as time management and test-taking skills, introduce them to campus services, encourage engagement in campus activities, and refer them to additional resources. Meet at the Ogden Campus and/or the Davis Campus and/or virtually. Coaches may also be involved in texting students with tips for success and giving presentations. Required training includes the opportunity to gain national certification as a Peer Educator.
- Familiarity with WSU services and processes
- Experience serving in a tutoring, advising, or mentoring capacity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to self-manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a current or newly graduated WSU student
- Must have and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
Want to become an academic peer coach? Call or email Mackenzie Glover (email@example.com or 801-395-3397).