skip to content
  • Calendar
  • Maps
Quick Exit

Reporting an Issue

Campus Contact Information 

Students, faculty, or staff members who experience or become aware of any form of discriminatory harassment, violence, sexual violence, or sexual harassment are encouraged (and in most cases required) to immediately report such behaviors.

To report any crime or emergency, call Weber State Police at 911 or 801-626-6460, or visit on-campus at 3734 Dixon Parkway. 

If you believe that you or someone else may have experienced discrimination, harassment, and/or sexual misconduct, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at 801-626-6239,, on-campus in Miller Administration 102. You can also contact staff directly at:

Additional help can be found through these campus resources: 

The university encourages you to seek out these resources regardless of whether the behavior occurred on or off-campus. These resources are available to assist you in making decisions about how to proceed. For more information, see our Where To Get Help page.

The Code Purple app, available for free wherever you get your apps, also gives you the ability to chat directly with a dispatcher via text along with other safety resources. More information is available at the Code Purple website.

Anonymous reporting to Weber State Police can also be done by filling out this form. (Note this is not monitored in real-time; if you have an emergency, call 911.) Any information given may assist the police in determining if there is a pattern of crime with regard to a particular location, method, or suspect and may enable Weber State Police, in appropriate circumstances, to alert the campus community to potential dangers. Filing an anonymous report may limit the ability of Weber State Police to provide specific assistance or to investigate or solve a crime.

Confidentiality & Reporting Obligations 

When you seek help from anyone on campus, first ask what level of confidentiality they can provide and what they are required to report. Many survivors seek out a supervisor, professor, or individual in a position of trust. You are strongly encouraged to talk to somebody about what happened in order to get needed support, and understand that certain WSU personnel have reporting obligations:

  • All WSU faculty, staff, and administrators are required to report discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment to the Office of Equal Opportunity, with the exception of the Counseling and Psychological Services Center and Women’s Center/Safe@Weber Advocacy Services.

  • Some faculty, staff, and administrators (Campus Security Authorities) are also required to report criminal activity, absent identifying information, to the WSU Police Department. See for further information about CSA reporting.

  • Other laws prevent confidentiality from being maintained in cases of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation of minors or vulnerable adults, or if a determination is made that you are in imminent danger of harming yourself or others.    

Other off-campus resources have different levels or reporting requirements and none have reporting requirements to the university. If you are reluctant to come forward to university personnel, please seek help somewhere. 

Responses to Complaints of Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct

PPM 3-32 Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct (including Title IX) describes in detail how the university handles complaints of all forms of discrimination and harassment, based on any protected category, including complaints of sexual misconduct, such as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. 

The office responsible for the coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning nondiscrimination policies is the Office of Equal Opportunity. The executive director also acts as the university’s Title IX Coordinator. When someone claims they have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct in violation of university policy, the Office of Equal Opportunity, will work with the individual to determine the next steps and assist the person to understand options and resources available.

The Office of Equal Opportunity reviews all incidents where discrimination or harassment is implicated. Discrimination or harassment should be reported as soon as possible after the event(s). Complaints should be filed within six months of the most recent act which violates the policy. Where the interests of justice require, however, this time limit may be waived by the Title IX Coordinator. Not every report must result in a formal complaint and investigation, and the Office of Equal Opportunity can help persons who may have experienced discrimination or harassment understand their options.

The Office of Equal Opportunity will work with those who report or raise concerns and those who are accused to determine what supportive measures the university may be able to provide to assist individual parties as they go through these processes.  The Office of Equal Opportunity may work with parties to resolve complaints informally or formally, as appropriate.  Findings of discrimination, harassment, or sexual misconduct are determined by a preponderance of the evidence standard. This means that the investigator will make a determination of whether it is more likely than not that an individual violated University policy. 

In situations where there are Title IX allegations (see here for definitions), the decision-maker is a hearing committee (see PPM 3-32 for more information).

Throughout all processes, the parties may bring a support person to any meetings. This can be a victim advocate, a family member or friend, legal counsel, or another support person. 

When Office of Equal Opportunity conducts a formal investigation,  the report is sent to both parties, who are given 10 days to respond. Non-Title IX reports are forwarded to the appropriate administrator for review, who, within 10 days, may initiate disciplinary proceedings in accordance with applicable policy, depending on whether the responsible party is staff, faculty, or student. There may be additional rights of appeal.

Note: These materials provide summary information only and should not be relied on as a full statement of policy. The applicable policies should be referenced for more complete information.

Relevant Policies

Supportive Measures

 Students who experience or become aware of any form of violence, sexual violence, or sexual harassment may request changes to academic, living, transportation, and working situations, and can request other appropriate protective measures by contacting the Interim Title IX Coordinator, Alexandra Babilis, or a Safe@Weber Survivor Advocate for assistance. 

Supportive measures will be provided as reasonably available, regardless of whether the student chooses to report to law enforcement. Examples of supportive measures that may be available:

  • Academic support:
    • Transferring to another section of a lecture or laboratory
    • Rescheduling an academic assignment or test
    • Accessing academic support (e.g., tutoring)
    • Arranging for incompletes, a leave of absence, or withdrawal from campus
    • Preserving eligibility for academic, athletic, or other scholarships, financial aid, internships, study abroad, or foreign student visas
  • Medical and mental health services, including counseling
  • Change in campus housing and/or dining locations
  • Assistance in finding alternative housing
  • Assistance in arranging for alternative university employment arrangements and/or changing work schedules
  • A"no contact" directive pending the outcome of an investigation directs the parties to have no verbal, electronic, written, or third-party communication with one another
  • Providing an escort to ensure that the individual can move safely on campus
  • Transportation accommodations such as shuttle service, cab voucher or parking arrangements to ensure safety and access to other services
  • Assistance identifying an advocate to help secure additional resources or assistance including off-campus and community advocacy, support, and services
  • Assistance connecting the student to community crisis centers, hotlines, and legal advocacy