Name Change Process for Students
To make an official name change at Weber State, please complete the following steps.
- Visit the Registrar's Solution Center windows, located on the first floor of the Student Services Building, Suite 101. At Davis campus, visit Davis Enrollment Services, located on the second floor of Davis Building 2, Suite 241.
- Bring a valid photo ID and a Social Security card reflecting the new name. Please note that a marriage license is not acceptable documentation.
- Send an email request from your Wildcat email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your former name, new name, and W number.
- Include your reason for name change: marriage, divorce, or legal name change.
- Attach a scanned copy of a valid photo ID and a Social Security card reflecting the new name. Please note that a scanned copy of each original document is required; photos and screen captures are not acceptable documentation. Please also be sure that you have signed your Social Security card.
For questions or additional assistance, please contact the Registrar's Solution Center at (801) 626-6100.
Please note that you will also need to change your Wildcat Username to access the Testing Centers as well as ensure that your Wildcat email address matches your updated name. Please follow the process described below.
If you are a student employed at Weber State, please also follow the Name Change Process for Employees described below.
For students requesting a name change after already submitting their Graduation Application, please request a name change on your forthcoming diploma or certificate by emailing email@example.com from your Wildcat email.
Name Change Process for Testing Centers & Wildcat Username
To change your Wildcat Username, which ensures access to the Testing Centers and updates your Wildcat email address to match your new name, please complete the following steps.
- Go to weber.edu/help.
- Click the Request Forms link in the top toolbar.
- Select the Wildcat Username Change Request.
- Select First Name Change, Last Name Change, or Both Names Change.
- Complete the online form and click submit.
Please allow 5 business days for processing.
For questions or additional assistance regarding your Wildcat Username, please contact Technical Support at (801) 626-7777 or weber.edu/help.
Name Change Process for Employees
To make an official name change with Human Resources, please complete the following steps.
- Visit the Payroll Office located in Miller Administration 110.
- Bring a valid photo ID and Social Security card reflecting the new name.
For questions or additional assistance, please contact Payroll at (801) 626-6031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.