Military Credit: Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  I took classes at the Defense Languages Institute (DLI).  How do I get that credit transferred?

A:  The Defense Language Institute is a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning.   You must request that the DLI send an official transcript to Weber State University's Admissions Office.

Q:  I don't want to wait to talk with an advisor in order to get the credits from my Joint Services Transcript applied to my Weber transcript.

A:  Under a new Utah state law, none of the JST credits can be applied before a student has discussed the credits with an academic advisor appropriate to their program of study.  One of the reasons this law was created was to prevent potential harm to the student under federal financial aid requirements.

If you do not see your question answered here or elsewhere in the Records Office Military Credit webpages, contact us at