- “School of Radiologic Sciences Honors” designation on university transcripts
- “School of Radiologic Sciences Honors” printed on your diploma
- Personalized letter signed by the President of Weber State University and University Honors Director
- Invitations to Honors educational and social events
- Invitation to the Honors Nye-Cortez Banquet at the end of the academic year
- Black and white department honors cords, which are worn at commencement
In conjunction with the WSU Honors Program, we offer a School Honors curriculum.
Our program provides you with opportunities to increase your intellectual initiative, explore creative processes, work independently and expand social interactions. This program can be particularly beneficial if you are contemplating graduate school, as it enhances your credentials.
Honors Program Recognitions
AAS Degree Departmental Honors Requirements
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher, and earn a GPA of 3.8 or higher in required upper division school courses.
- Complete 8 documented hours of community service per academic semester outside of clinical requirements. Documentation should include a brief description of the service activity, the number of hours completed, the name of the charitable partner and supervisor signature with contact information. For opportunities, contact WSU’s Center for Community Engaged Learning.
- Become a member of the Lambda Nu National Honor Society for Radiologic and Imaging Services under the Utah Alpha Chapter, and demonstrate professional involvement.
- In consultation with the School of Radiologic Sciences Honors advisor, prepare a proposal that promotes the professional standards in radiologic sciences.
- Prepare an 11 x 17 display poster and present original research at the Honors Nye-Cortez Banquet at the end of the academic year, upon completion of all other departmental honors requirements.
BS Degree Departmental Honors Requirements
- Fulfill all requirements listed for the AAS Degree School Honors
- Earn a 4.0 GPA for senior thesis
How to Apply
- Complete the entrance application form for Departmental Honors with the School of Radiologic Sciences Honors Advisor, and submit the application to the Honor’s Program (2nd floor of the Stewart Library) at least 1 semester prior to graduation.
- Meet the requirements listed above.
- Complete the exit application with the School of Radiologic Sciences Honors Advisor.
- Visit with the university’s Honors Advisor to be cleared for graduation with School Honors.