Colorado Limited Scope Operator (LSO)
Prepares you for the Limited Scope Examination (LSO) through the State of Colorado.
Why Choose This Program?
The School of Radiologic Sciences offers the Colorado LSO program to assist students in advancing both their education and careers in Radiologic Sciences. This career ladder opportunity assists MA’s and other healthcare employees in obtaining certification as a Limited Scope Operator in Radiology (LSO) in the state of Colorado.
If a student chooses to continue their associates of applied science in Radiologic Technology (AAS) degree through Weber State University, classes taken in the Colorado LSO program will be credited towards the degree. Students can only be placed in track if clinical site placement is available.
What You Will Learn
To meet Colorado State requirements 6 CCR 1007- Part 02, students must complete a minimum of 80 hours of didactic training and 480 hours of clinical training. The course of study should be no less than 6 months or more than 24 months in length. The Weber State School of Radiologic Sciences Colorado LSO program fulfills these requirements. The LSO program will consist of 2 semesters that incorporate both clinical and didactic training.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
The LSO program consists of 2 semesters involving didactic (19 credit hours) and clinical (600 hours minimum) education.
- RADT 1022 Introduction to Radiologic Technology (2 credits)
- RADT 1303 Principles of Radiographic Exposure I (3 credit)
- RADT 1502 Radiographic Anatomy & Positioning I (2 credits)
- RADT 1601 Clinical Simulation (1 credit)
- RADT 2042 Community Based Patient Care I (2 credits)
- RADT 2861 Clincial Education (3 credits)
- RADT 1512 Radiographic Anatomy & Positioning II (2 credits)
- RADT 1522 Radiographic Anatomy & Positioning III (2 credits)
- RADT 1621 Clinical Simulation (1 credit)
- RADT 2043 Specialty Baed Patient Care I (2 credits)
- RADT 2866 Final Competency Evaluation (2 credits)
- RADT 2862 Clinical Education (3 credits)
Upon passing the Limited Scope Certification Examination, you may apply for state licensure as a limited scope operator in radiology (LSO) in the state of Colorado. This provides the opportunity to advance your career in a variety of outpatient facilities, urgent cares, and clinics.
Tuition is $3000 per semester.
Please contact Dr. Bob Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-7165.