Guest Speaker/Honorary Degree Nominations 2020/2021
Weber State University will be accepting nominations for the 2020/2021 commencement guest speakers and honorary degree recipients through Nov. 1, 2019. Any individual or group from the community may nominate individuals for this prestigious honor. Honorary Degree nominees should be individuals who:
- Have distinguished themselves and have contributed significantly to society on a local, state, regional, national, or international basis.
- Have demonstrated interest in and given significant support for higher education and more particularly for Weber State University.
- Could help increase the recognition and enhance the image of Weber State University.
- Have rendered outstanding service to the university, have positively influenced its growth and development, and have contributed to its educational mission.
(Nominations for guest speakers will also receive an honorary degree and should be consistent with criteria one and three above).
For your convenience, we are providing two methods to nominate an individual for guest speaker or honorary degree recipient.
- You can complete either form by clicking on its respective button above, filling in the requested information, and submitting it. You can also attach any additional information you would like included.
- Print out the Guest Speaker nomination form or the Honorary Degree nomination form and send via email (email@example.com).
When choosing any of the submission options please be aware of nomination deadlines and make the choice that will ensure your nomination gets considered for the upcoming year. All nominations must be received no later than Friday, November 1, 2019. Any nominations that are submitted after that date will be held and considered for the 2021/2022 commencements.
Individuals may nominate more than one candidate. A separate submission must be completed for each candidate you would like to be considered.
For your Reference:
Past Honorary Degree Recipients
Past Commencement Speakers