- Become part of a cohort of students that is similarly committed to the greatness of WSU
- Participate in a monthly leadership seminar that features outstanding members of the campus and local community as speakers
- Opportunities to network with key WSU stakeholders and invited guests
- Potential for letters of recommendation from senior administrators for selective programs and graduate education
- A resumé booster for future leadership roles
- A scholarship (amount determined each year and paid each semester; must meet program's expectations)
Presidential Leadership Fellows
The purpose of the Presidential Leadership Fellows program is to develop a cohort of students that can cultivate their personal leadership and continue to deepen their engagement with WSU through regular meetings and opportunities to share their experience with key stakeholders (e.g., National Advisory Council, university trustees, alumni, Utah legislators, city government leaders and community members at large).
- Cannot have served as a WSU Presidential Leadership Fellow
- Have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Will graduate no earlier than spring 2024
- Enroll in a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester
- Participate in a MANDATORY orientation meeting from 4- 6:30 p.m., Aug. 30, 2023
- Be able to meet from 4-6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of every month, beginning in September
- Attend a minimum of five events per academic year with key stakeholders and special guests
- Wear the provided WSU insignia shirt, tie or scarf, professional attire and name tag when asked in order to effectively represent the program
For more information about Presidential Leadership Fellows, contact Steven Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-626-7454.
The 2023-2024 application form is now open through March 17, 2023. Check back for future application opportunities.