The Research & Engagement Symposium is Weber State University’s celebration of undergraduate students’ research, creative work and engaged learning that occurs through High Impact Educational Experiences. The Research & Engagement Symposium is co-hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR), the Center for Community Engaged Learning (CCEL), the Honors Program, Interdisciplinary Studies, the Wildcat Advantage Program, and the Provost’s Office. Students from every discipline share posters, performances, oral presentations, exhibits and more to the broader campus community and public.
Research & Engagement Symposium - April 10th, 2023
Research & Engagement Symposium
Dates and Deadlines
- Submission Deadline Extended to March 20, 2023
- Outstanding Award Nominations Deadline: March 14, 2023
- Full Schedule Available the week of April 3, 2023
- Free Poster Printing Deadline: April 3, 2023
- Symposium Event: April 10, 2023 [9:00am-4pm]
- Visit the OUR poster page for guidelines and tips on making a poster.
- Please send poster as pdf file.
- Please use subject line: Symposium Poster.
- Deadline for Free Poster Printing: April 3, 2023
If you miss the deadline, you can contact Digital Collections (email@example.com) to print your poster for a $15 charge.
- Oral presentations and Performing arts presentations are limited to 12 minutes with an additional 3 minutes allotted for discussion and questions.
- Poster presentations and Visual Arts will be scheduled for 90 minutes.
|9:00 am - 12:00 pm||Honors Presentations||SU 320|
|10:00 am - 11:00 am||Oral Session 1 (A,B,C)||SU 316, 321, 312|
|10:30 am - 12:00 pm||Poster Session 1||Ballrooms|
|12:00 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch hors d’oeuvres available||3rd Floor Mezzanine|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Awards & Celebration, Dance Performance||Ballrooms|
|1:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Honors Presentations||SU 320|
|1:30 pm - 3:00 pm||Poster Session 2||Ballrooms|
|3:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Spotlight High Impact Session||SU 316|