All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply. Students must have worked with a WSU faculty or staff member who served as a mentor to the project. Undergraduate research projects that include teams of students within or across disciplines are encouraged to apply; however, due to limited funds, only one member of a team can be supported through OUR.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) offers support for students to present their research or creative work at the NCUR.
Be sure to follow OUR's submission deadlines to be eligible to receive funding.
- Students must first apply to the Office of Undergraduate Research before submitting abstracts to NCUR to receive funding
- Only the primary presenter should submit the abstract
- Abstracts are usually 200-300 words in length, no longer than 300 words
- Abstracts must be submitted online to OUR; after confirmation of funding, students will submit their abstracts to NCUR for consideration
- Projects must be sponsored by a faculty mentor; your mentor will receive an email notification when you submit your abstract
- Abstracts may be presented as oral presentations, poster presentations, or performing/visual arts presentations
- After you apply for funding to OUR, you will be notified of our funding decision
- Submit your abstract to NCUR by the deadline
- OUR will provide an orientation meeting detailing all travel procedures for those accepted to present
- OUR will cover your registration costs, airfare/transportation to NCUR, and hotel accommodations
Dates and Deadlines
- OUR Funding Submission Deadline: Fall 2020
- Notification of Funding: Fall 2020
- NCUR Submission Deadline: Winter 2020
- Notification of Acceptance begins: TBA
- Early Registration Deadline: TBA
- Conference Registration Deadline: TBA
- Conference: TBA