All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply. Students must have worked with a WSU faculty or staff member who served as a mentor to the project. Undergraduate research projects that include teams of students within or across disciplines are encouraged to apply; however, due to limited funds, only one member of a team can be supported through OUR.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
NCUR 2024 Long Beach, California
- Students must first apply to the Office of Undergraduate Research before submitting abstracts to NCUR to receive funding
- Only the primary presenter should submit the abstract
- Abstracts are usually 200-300 words in length, no longer than 300 words
- Abstracts must be submitted online to OUR; after confirmation of funding, students will submit their abstracts to NCUR for consideration
- Projects must be sponsored by a faculty mentor; your mentor will receive an email notification when you submit your abstract
- Abstracts may be presented as oral presentations, poster presentations, or performing/visual arts presentations
- After you apply for funding to OUR, you will be notified of our funding decision
- Submit your abstract to NCUR by the deadline
- OUR will provide an orientation meeting detailing all travel procedures for those accepted to present
- OUR will cover your registration costs, airfare/transportation to NCUR, and hotel accommodations
Dates and Deadlines
- OUR Funding Submission Deadline: October 30, 2023
- OUR Notification of Funding: November 13, 2023
- NCUR Submissions Accepted: September 2 - December 8, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: January, 2024 (TBD)
- Early Registration Deadline: January, 2024 (TBD)
- Regular Registration Deadline: March, 2024 (TBD)
- Conference: April 8-10, 2024
- Visit the OUR poster page for guidelines and tips on making a poster.
- Please send poster as pdf file.
- Please use subject line: NCUR Poster.
- Deadline for Free Poster Printing: April 1, 2024
If you miss the deadline, you can contact Digital Collections (email@example.com) to print your poster for a $15 charge.
- OUR will be providing an orientation to go over travel details soon. We will email you with the date and time soon!
- In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Erin Kendall via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text: 801-663-1655.