The MHA format is designed for working professionals who are ready to advance their career.
- Classes Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-8:10 pm at our convenient Farmington Campus location.
- Courses are semester-based and follow the traditional university semester schedule.
- The cost is approximately $30,000 for the entire program, billed per semester. Students are responsible for purchasing their own books.
- This program can be complete is just four semesters (excluding summers).
- Full-time and part-time options are available.
- One admissions cycle per year allowing students to start in the Fall semester. See are application deadlines.
How to Apply
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited school (must be completed by program start date)—no specific discipline required
- Meet a GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- U.S. healthcare or supervisory experience (preferred, not required)
- GRE/GMAT not required
- Complete the online application by the designated application deadline.
- Visit our How to Apply page for more information and link to the online application.
- There is a single non-refundable application fee of $60.
MASTER OF HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Weber State University’s MHA program is designed for working professionals who want to advance into leadership positions in the healthcare industry, where they can make a difference by improving the lives of thousands of people every day.
See the Executive Master of Health Administration (eMHA) page for information regarding our online health administration graduate program.
PROGRAM DETAILS & HOW TO APPLY
discover the information you need to know for this dual program
- Flexible evening course delivery format conveniently located at our Station Park Campus in Farmington
- Learn from our experienced faculty who thoroughly understand the industry
- Our graduates report high rates of satisfaction with the curriculum and program
- Discover what a valuable resource you can be by improving the health and healthcare of your community
- The MHA program is accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
The Master of Health Administration (MHA) program focuses on leadership and management skills in the healthcare industry. Through this program, you'll learn the foundations of:
- Management and leadership
- Finance and accounting
- Healthcare ethics and law
- Interpersonal communication
- Quality and performance improvement
- Population health
- Healthcare information technology
View the complete list of course requirements below.
With a MHA degree you will achieve a wide variety of leadership opportunities, including positions in these areas of healthcare:
- Human resources
- Facility management
- Health law
Information technology management
Physician practices and ambulatory care
- Post-acute care organizations
- Government organizations
Community service organizations
before you begin, get to know what courses will be required for this degree
Check out our example Course Schedule
Before beginning the eMHA program you will need to complete a Bachelor's degree and meet all program admissions requirements, including a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Please visit our How to Apply page for more information.
- MHA 6000: Health Systems & the Healthcare Economy (3)
- MHA 6100: Leading & Managing People in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6200: Population Health and Data Analytics (3)
- MHA 6240: Human Resources Management in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6249: Accounting and Finance Principals for Healthcare Managers (3)
- MHA 6250: Healthcare Finance (3)
- MHA 6300: Quality Improvement and Risk Management in Health Organizations (3)
- MHA 6320: Health Policy and Economics (3)
- MHA 6350: Decision Making for Healthcare Leaders (3)
- MHA 6400: Strategic Health Planning and Marketing (3)
- MHA 6440: Health Ethics and Law (3)
- MHA 6450: Health Informatics (3)
- MHA 6500: INT Field Work (3)*
Total credit hours: 39
- MHA 6140: Post-Acute Care Administration (3)
- MHA 6160: Medical Group Management (3)
- MHA 6180: Healthcare Entrepreneurship (3)
- MHA 6360: Comparative International Health Systems (3)
- MHA 6370: Executive Leadership Seminars in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6850: MHA Study Abroad (3)
Total credit hours: 6 required
View the full course catalog for more details.
Great care is in demand. Be Brilliant.
meet with our faculty advisor and get started today!
We are here to help you! If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health, please connect with us today and start pursuing your dream tomorrow!
Request More Information
Brittney Hicken M.Ed
MHA/eMHA Program Advisor
Interprofessional Education Building, 212