EXECUTIVE MASTER OF HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Weber State University’s Executive Master Health Administration (eMHA) is fully online. The program is designed for full-time working professionals who want to advance into leadership positions in the healthcare industry.
For our campus-based program, see our Master of Health Administration (MHA) page.
- Flexible course online course delivery format
- Learn from our experienced instructors who thoroughly understand the industry
- Our graduates report high rates of satisfaction with the curriculum and program
- Discover what a valuable resource you can be by improving the health and healthcare of your community
- The eMHA program is accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
The Executive MHA (eMHA) program prepares you for leadership positions in the healthcare industry, with the added benefit of being able to complete your degree entirely online. The program courses cover topics such as:
- Management and leadership
- Finance and accounting
- Healthcare ethics and law
- Interpersonal communication
- Quality and performance improvement
- Populations health
- Healthcare information technology
- Human resources
- Critical thinking
A complete list of course requirements are below.
With an eMHA, you'll be able to work in a variety of settings involved with community and healthcare leadership positions, such as:
- Human resources
- Facility management
- Health law
- Information technology management
- Physician practices and ambulatory care
- Nursing home and long-term care organizations
- Government organizations
- Community service organizations
before you begin, get to know what courses will be required for this degree
Before beginning the eMHA program you will need to complete a Bachelors degree and meet all program admissions requirements, including a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Please visit our How to Apply page for more information.
- MHA 6000: Health Systems & the Healthcare Economy (3)
- MHA 6100: Leading & Managing People in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6200: Population Health and Data Analytics (3)
- MHA 6240: Human Resources Management in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6249: Accounting and Finance Principals for Healthcare Managers (3)
- MHA 6250: Healthcare Finance (3)
- MHA 6300: Quality Improvement and Risk Management in Health Organizations (3)
- MHA 6320: Health Policy and Economics (3)
- MHA 6350: Decision Making for Healthcare Leaders (3)
- MHA 6400: Strategic Health Planning and Marketing (3)
- MHA 6440: Health Ethics and Law (3)
- MHA 6450: Health Informatics (3)
- MHA 6500: INT Field Work (3)*
Total credit hours: 39
- MHA 6140: Post-Acute Care Administration (3)
- MHA 6160: Medical Group Management (3)
- MHA 6180: Healthcare Entrepreneurship (3)
- MHA 6360: Comparative International Health Systems (3)
- MHA 6370: Executive Leadership Seminars in Healthcare (3)
- MHA 6850: MHA Study Abroad (3)
Total credit hours: 18 (only 6 required for degree)
View the full course catalog for more details.
YOUR PURSUIT STARTS HERE
meet with our advisor and get started today!
We are here to help you! If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our Executive Master of Health Administration, please connect with us today and start pursing your dream tomorrow!
Request More Information
Brittney Hicken M.Ed
MHA/eMHA Program Advisor
Interprofessional Education Building, 212