DUO is a third party, 2-factor authentication system that the university has implemented to help protect access to your accounts in the event that your password is stolen or compromised.
DUO allows users to have a PIN sent to them via phone. It also allows the user to receive a "push" to their smartphone from which the user can then authenticate.
There are several ways by which Duo can be used to authenticate the user. Users can use a smartphone, a tablet, a token, or as a backup, a landline - such as their office or home phones.
Please note: Users who choose to use a personal device to access the Duo system recognize that they will not be compensated by WSU for that usage.
- Who Needs to Use DUO?
- Get Access to DUO
- Does my password still expire while using DUO?
Yes. You will need to change your password once a year while using DUO.
For further information, or assistance changing your password, please visit the password help page or contact the IT Service Desk at 801-626-7777.
- Can't find the app on the store?
- Setting Up New Devices
- Don't have a mobile device?
- How to Edit Devices and Settings
- How to Use Duo
- Using DUO With a Security Token
- Troubleshooting Security Tokens
- What do I do in case I lock myself out or lose my device?
- I received a Duo notification for approval that I did not initiate.