Step 1: Complete Human Subject's Training
Step 2: Access Cayuse Application portal
- Ensure that Prinicipal Investiagtor(PI), CO-PI(if applicable) and/or Contact Person have access to Cayuse IRB portal
- Review Submission Process on Cayuse Help Center (this ONLY requires an email address NOT access to the Cayuse Portal)
- If you require access and are UNABLE to log in Please complete this form.
Step 3: Compile Application and Supplemental Information
All Expedited and Full Review applicants must utilize Weber State's Standardized Informed Consent Template
- Department Chair or appropriate direct supervisory approval MAYBE required. Please check with your approriapte supervisor PRIOR to submission.
- Any application which requires participation, subject recruitment accesses, etc from an outside group or organization MUST include a signed waiver,consent form, IRB approval or letter of intent/access (example: a school board, hospital, etc).
- This MUST be arranged and assured in writing PRIOR to application submission.
- EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY MAYBE MADE, PARTICULARLY WHEN THE APPLICANT IS AN EMPLOYEE(or similar) OF GROUP OR ORGANIZATION. IN THESE CASES A CONDITIONAL APPROVAL WILL BE ISSUED UNTIL THE GROUP OR ORGANIZATION GRANTS ACCESS OR APPROVAL.
- MS of Education Students Only: WSU IRB process should be completed prior to submisson to School District IRB.
- If an applicant is submitting a survey-based project, including a copy of the survey instrument is required.
- Please include copies of any and all advertising (fliers, posters, drafts of ads, etc.) methods that research participants may come in contact with.
Identify potential level of review: See Levels of IRB Research Review
Incomplete requests will sent back to applicant and will not be reviewed until remedied.
Step 4: SUBMIT APPLICATION
All application must be submitted through the Cayuse IRB Portal
IRB Application Review Timeline Expectations
Exempt and Expedited Applications
Fall and Spring Semesters
All subcommittees strive to process and return an initial response on a complete IRB application within 14 business days of submission.
The WSU IRB will convene an Ad hoc summer review committee to process applications during the summer semester. This committee will strive to maintain similar application review timelines
Applications may be submitted during semester breaks, but WSU makes no guarantee that application review or approval will take place between the last day of classes of one semester and the first day of class in the following semester.
Full Board Review Applications
Fall and Spring Semesters
Applications requiring full board IRB review should have an initial full board IRB response within approximately 4 weeks from receipt of completed application
Applicants should expect full board IRB review applications submitted during the summer semester will take significantly longer than Fall or Spring semester applications. The IRB chair will be in contact with applicants after receipt of completed application to provide an anticipated timeline.
Amendments to Existing IRB Approved Studies
- Any changes to existing IRB approved projects require an Amendment.
- Examples of changes include (but are not limited to): addition of investigators, changes to methodology, increase in subjects and changes to target population.
- To submit an ammendent to an Existing Approved Study please access the existing application in the Caycuse Portal and select Modification .
Page Last Updated: Jan. 14, 2022