Weber State University Housing is designed to create a community that supports the development of a well-rounded student from academic to social experiences. A recent study of WSU students revealed that students who live on campus are 2.45 times more likely to be retained until the next semester when compared to students who don't live on campus.
The mission of Housing and Residence Life is to provide Weber State students with an exceptional on-campus housing community by providing a comfortable and inclusive living environment, outstanding personalized customer service, and attractive well-maintained facilities. Our residential environments are conducive to educational and social growth through collaboration, both inside and outside the department.
- Trash/ Recycling stations in all community areas w/ signage to explain their purpose.
- Energy Saving screens
- Green move out
- Refillable water fountains
- Solar panels in RH 1 (WV)
- UTA stations
- Thermostats are only in a range (72 lowest and 75 is the highest)
- LEED-certified (WV)
- Buying green products for events and office supplies
- Intentional Programming for residents on Green Living
- Sensor lighting at WV and the UV CC
- Bike racks and Bike repair station (UV)
- Staff dedicated to learning more about Sustainability. For more information contact Angie Betancourt.
- Collaborating with the Sustainability Office and SPARC on educating students/ staff
- Projects pending: upgrade in LED lights for parking lots and UV CC, new bike area for UV, energy-saving faucets at UV