The Honors Eccles Fellows Program encourages faculty to develop their teaching and scholarly interests through teaching in the Honors Program. An Eccles Fellow develops and teaches a new class on a topic related to their scholarly interests.
Applications are due by 4 pm on November 1, 2023
- You may teach either individually or with one other colleague;
- Strong preference will be given to interdisciplinary classes with a subject connection to faculty research interests;
- Weight will be given to classes that contribute to both the Honors Program and to the larger Weber community;
- A single proposal should be submitted for team-taught classes;
- Please see the rubric for the selection criteria.
- The class should be a new preparation;
- Eccles Fellows are encouraged to use their HNRS 3900 class as material for presentations and publications;
- Department Chair(s) must agree to release the Eccles Fellow for both teaching and release time;
- Eccles Fellows must take release time the same semester they teach the course;
- Eccles Fellows may not teach overload in the semester they take release time;
- Eccles Fellows are urged to participate in Honors events;
Eccles Fellows are selected by a committee of former Fellows, the Honors Faculty Advisory Board, and the Honors Director. A Fall Fellowship and a Spring Fellowship will be awarded.
Contact Christy Call, Honors Director, at email@example.com