BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Be Brilliant with online and in-person programs and certificates.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health provides you with a strong foundation in leadership, management, communication, program planning and public policy. Our graduates will learn how to effectively work in entry level public health positions and secure an adaptable skill set for various and diverse career settings.
- Flexible course delivery formats are available in a face-to-face settings, online or through independent study
- Learn from our experienced instructors who thoroughly understand the industry
- Our graduates report high rates of satisfaction with the curriculum and program
- We provide a solid education for the growing demand of trained public health professionals
- This program focuses on community-based learning and interventions
- Discover what a valuable resource you can be by improving the health and healthcare of your community
The Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health will focus on a technical and practical skill set that is just as adaptable and changing as our healthcare climate. Through this program, you'll learn the foundations of:
- Program planning
- Public policy
- Epidemiology/population health
- Health data and analytics
- Public health finance and grant writing
View the complete list of course requirements below.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health, you'll be able to work in a variety of entry-level positions with community and healthcare organizations, such as:
- Public Health Administrator
- State Health Departments
- County Health Departments
- Human Services
The average starting salary for our Public Health graduates in Utah varies greatly depending on location, organization and experience level.
Additionally, this program will prepare graduates to pursue a Master's degree in public health, health administration or biomedical informatics.
before you begin, get to know what courses will be required for this degree
- HLTH 1030 SS: Healthy Lifestyles (3)
- HTHS 1110 LS: Integrated Human Anatomy & Physiology I (4)
- HTHS 1111: Integrated Human Anatomy & Physiology II (4)
- MICR 1113 LS: Introductory Microbiology (3)
Total credit hours: 14
TIP: Students with no college experience may be more successful if they take their first course or two (such as HTHS 1110) in a traditional campus setting face-to-face before beginning their online courses.
- HAS 3000: The Healthcare System (3)
- HAS 3020: Healthcare Marketing (3)
- HAS 3150: Introduction to Public Health (3)
- HAS 3230: Health Communication (3)
- HAS 3240: Human Resource Development in Healthcare (3)
- HAS 3260: Healthcare Leadership & Management (3)
- HAS 3700: Public Health Finance (3)
- HAS 4320: Healthcare Economics & Policy (3)
- HAS 4400: Legal & Ethical Aspects of Health Administration (3)
- HAS 4500: Grant Writing (2)
- HAS 4700: Public Health Capstone (3)
- HAS 4860 INT: Practicum/Internship (2-6) (4 credit hours required)
- HIM 3200: Epidemiology & Biostatistics (3)
- HIM 3210: Advanced Epidemiology & Population Health (3)
- HIM 3500: Biomedical Research Support
- HIM 3550: Healthcare Data Analytics (3)
- HTHS 2230: Introductory to Pathophysiology (3)
- MICR 3012: Microbiology & Global Public Health (2) OR MICR 3502: Environmental Health (2)
- HLTH 3000: Foundations of Health Promotion (3)
Total credit hours: 55
- AT 3600: Ergonomics for Health & Safety (2)
- HLTH 1110: Stress Management (3)
- HLTH 1300: First Aid Responding to Emergencies (2)
- HLTH 2300: Emergency Response (3)
- HLTH 3160: Principles of Health Behavior (3)
- HLTH 3500: Human Sexuality (3)
- HLTH 4250: Contemporary Health Issues of Adolescents (2)
- HTHS 1101: Medical Terminology (2)
- HAS 4620: International Health & Healthcare (3)
6 credit hours are required for the program
View the full course catalog for more details.
Great care is in demand. BE BRILLIANT.
meet with our faculty advisor and get started today!
Visit our admissions page and start your online application today.
We are here to help you! If you have questions or are interested in learning more about our Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health, please connect with us today and start pursuing your dream tomorrow!
Request More Information
PhD, MPH, RHIA
Public Health Program Director
Dumke Center, room 217
3959 Stadium Way, Dept. 3911
Ogden, Utah 84408-3911