Join the WSU Outdoor Program and Experience Weber to the fullest. This is an overnight experience intended to help new students meet new friends, see what the mountains of Utah have to offer, hang out with student ambassadors, and ultimately Experience Weber to the fullest at Pineview Reservoir! Registration ends at 12:00 midnight on Monday, August 23rd.
Minimum participants 15, Max (TBD - depending on state and university mandates).
A Lasting Impact
Weber State values High Impact Educational Experiences (HIEEs). This event is designed to allow students to engage and form connections: with each other, with WSU staff and faculty, with the nature surrounding Ogden. We hope that students who participate in Experience Weber have the opportunity to engage with learning outcomes, such as *meaningful interactions, diverse and inclusive experiences, and personal investment.
*See WSU HIEE Taxonomy
Tentative Schedule (will be adjusted to fit appropriate distancing and safety guidelines for August 2021)
Thursday, August 26, 2021
- 8:30 a.m. - Arrive at the Outdoor Adventure and Welcome Center. Meet the staff.
- 9:30 a.m. - Depart for Pineview Reservoir for a day of fun on the water (stand up paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing)
- 10 a.m. - Set up camp
- 11:00 a.m. - Unload boats and hit the water
- 11:00 a.m. - Beach yoga class (optional)
- 11:30 a.m - Battleship Tournament
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch on site (Lunch provided)
- 1:30 p.m. - Hit the water
- 2:00 p.m. - Activity rotation
- 3:30 p.m. - Activity rotation
- 4:30 p.m. - Pack up and head to camp
- 5 p.m. - Activities with WSU Campus Recreation
- 6:30 p.m. - Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. - Campfire and camp activities
- 8:30p.m. - Zumba fitness class
Friday, August 27, 2021
- 7:30 a.m. - Wake up and eat breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. - Break down camp
- 9:00 a.m. - Depart for Weber State
NO EARLY DEPARTURE: We expect that all participants will join us for the entire duration of the trip. Early departure is only permitted under special circumstances (illness, injury, family emergency) or prior approval.
Camping equipment will be provided as needed. Please indicate your needs on your registration form otherwise, students should plan to bring a sleeping bag, sleeping pad, swimwear, an extra change of clothing, a warm jacket, and a water bottle.
Housing: Early Move-In
Students attending Experience Weber will be allowed to move into housing on Wednesday, August 25, 2021 beginning at 4:00 p.m. For additional questions regarding housing or early move-in please email email@example.com.
If you have any accommodation requests, please contact Hayley Prine at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you register.
What about COVID-19?
For more information on our updated policies & procedures, check our FAQs Page.
Looking for high adventure and a more in-depth experience?
Join us for climbing, canyoneering and rafting adventures happening the summer before you start school. Meet new friends before you start school and have some fun in the beautiful Utah sun.