The Weber State University Diversity Initiative is an institution-wide effort to improve educational quality by creating an inclusive environment where all are welcome and opportunities are available for students to reach their full potential and contribute to the achievement of the university mission.
The mission of the WSU Diversity Initiative is:
- To promote campus unity by emphasizing shared experiences and principles, respect for human qualities that differentiate all individuals, and achievement of institutional goals.
- To enhance the development of leadership capabilities within the student, faculty, and staff populations.
- To facilitate the development of curricula that merge varied perspectives.
- To support recruitment of students, faculty, and staff reflective of America's broad spectrum of perspectives, cultures, heritages, and backgrounds.
- To promote values and ideas of all perspectives, cultures, heritages, and backgrounds within the campus community.
- To promote the development of support programs for faculty, staff, and students who are products of all perspectives, cultures, heritages, and backgrounds.
- To encourage networking of interest groups for the benefit of all.
Pivotal to Weber State University's mission is the need to embrace and value the diversity of its members. Acknowledging the uniqueness of each individual, we seek to cultivate an environment that encourages freedom of expression.
Because the university is a community where inquiry is nurtured and theories are tested, every individual has the right to feel safe to express ideas that differ from those held by other members of the community.
However, all persons who aspire to be part of our campus community must accept the responsibility to demonstrate civility and respect for the dignity of others. Recognizing that the proper balance between freedom of expression and respect for others is not always apparent or easy to achieve, we must continually challenge ourselves and each other in an atmosphere of mutual concern, goodwill, and respect.
Therefore, expressions or actions that disparage an individual's or group's ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability are contrary to the mission of Weber State University.
Reporting and Transparency
As an institution, we strive to be transparent in our goals, work, and data. Accountability is a necessary process for continuous improvement, and we look forward to collective collaboration with our campus and community. For reports focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
If you are interested in additional reports and information not listed here, visit our institutional research site.