Undergraduate Field Placement
The Weber State University (WSU) Counseling and Psychological Services Center (CPSC) Outreach Team program is seeking motivated students to develop and deliver outreach programming. Students who are interested in this experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants will participate in a personal interview process, and selected participants will commit to participating in formal, ongoing training and in multiple outreach projects per semester.
Benefits May Include:
- Experience presenting on mental health topics.
- Enhanced social skills in forming partnerships with campus departments.
- Practical experience to apply toward a future job or graduate school.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A certificate of completion.
- Academic credit, if allowed by the student’s major department.
- On-going training in student areas of interest.
- Applicants must be entering their junior or senior year of school.
- Commitment to one academic semester of participation.
- Attend introductory training before the semester begins.
- Participation in weekly Outreach Team meetings (SC 280).
- Take a leadership role in at least one outreach event during the semester.
- Assist in developing innovative outreach programs and events.
- If desired, develop a special project in an area of interest.
- Contact your field placement coordinator to determine if there are special application requirements.
- Complete the Application Form (Word Document or PDF) and return it to CPSC in SC 280 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a resume or CV.
- Submit names and contact information for two references.
- If invited, participate in an application interview.