RIO (Recognition Insight, Openness) Group
Spring Semester 2020
- Session 1 – Monday 1/27, 2/3, and 2/10 at 10 a.m. in SC 280
- Session 2 – Tuesday 1/28, 2/4, and 2/11 at 2 p.m. in Shepherd Union 331
- Session 3 – Wednesday 2/5, 2/12, and 2/19 at 1:30 p.m. in Shepherd Union 331
- Session 4 – Thursday 2/13, 2/20, and 2/27 at 10 a.m. in Shepherd Union 331
- Session 5 – Monday 3/9, 3/16, and 3/23 (time and location TBA)
- Session 6 – Tuesday 3/17, 3/24, and 3/31 (time and location TBA)
- Session 7 – Wednesday 3/25, 4/1, and 4/8 (time and location TBA)
- Session 8 – Thursday 4/2, 4/9, and 4/16 at (time and location TBA)
This workshop is open to any student. No paperwork or prior counseling experience needed. Not sure about counseling? Come to three, 50 minute workshops and try it out.
Contact: Counseling & Psychological Services Center | 801-626-6406
Facilitators: April Wood, MFT; Jamie Brass, PsyD; Juancarlos Santisteban, MFT; Tami Robinette, LCSW; Kate Lovatt, CMHC; Craig Oreshnick, PhD
RIO is designed to help people learn to manage difficult emotions such as stress or anxiety. It helps build skills in mindfulness that can carry over to be helpful in class, relationships, or other areas of life. RIO also helps better define priorities and values to help people focus their energy in areas that are important to them.
RIO is offered over three, 50 minute group sessions. We ask that you start the first group of the series and complete all three sessions in order, as they build on each other. RIO can be repeated if you feel like you need more practice.
RIO (Recognition, Insight, Openness) can help you:
- Learn to manage difficult emotions such as stress or anxiety
- Build skills in mindfulness
- Better define priorities and values to focus your energy in areas that are important to you
Join us for three, 50-minute group sessions! No prior counseling needed.
*This group is not a counseling or therapy group. It is a place to learn some tools and skills. If you are interested in receiving individual or group therapy to address personal concerns, speak with the facilitator from the WSU
Counseling and Psychological Services Center to find out how to initiate these services.
Recordings of the guided meditations used in RIO from the Cal Poly Counseling Services YouTube channel.
Learn more about the group at weber.edu/counselingcenter