We are currently not making any new affiliations at this time due to capacity restraints.
The Weber State University Counseling & Psychological Services Center (CPSC) is pleased to accept applications for Master’s-level Interns on a rolling basis to fill positions as they are available. Start and end dates are negotiable, with a preference for work to be completed during the fall and spring semesters. Duties primarily include individual counseling, with additional opportunities for couples counseling, group counseling, outreach, and other developmental experiences as available and appropriate.
Weber State University (WSU) is a primarily undergraduate institution of approximately 30,000 students, with a substantial nontraditional population. The main campus of WSU is located in Ogden, Utah, approximately 35 miles north of Salt Lake City. Please visit the university website www.weber.edu for further campus information.
CPSC has a staff of ten mental health professionals and one part-time psychiatric nurse practitioner. Services are provided within a brief therapy model on both Ogden and Davis campuses (interns provide services on the Ogden campus only). Because WSU is an open-enrollment institution, our clientele tends to be more diverse than that of many university counseling centers. This provides a rich training environment.
- Position responsibilities:
- A commitment of at least two semesters, preferably in the fall and spring semesters.
- Provision of a minimum of 60% of scheduled time in direct service activities (therapy services, outreach, supervision)
- Participation in one outreach presentation per semester to the WSU community
- Provision of one case presentation per academic year to CPSC staff
- Provision of one in-service presentation per academic year to CPSC staff
- Active engagement in one hour of formal, individual supervision per week, provided by appropriately qualified mental health providers in accordance with program requirements
- Interns are also strongly encouraged, but not required, to participate in CPSC’s weekly staff meeting on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 AM.
- Interns will be required to furnish proof of their own professional liability policy.
- Every therapy session must be recorded, utilizing the recording system provided by CPSC.
- Adherence to ethical principles and standards of care, including guidelines related to record-keeping and treatment of minority populations.
- Each position is a part-time position with the university and will be paid an hourly rate.
- CPSC requires a formal affiliation agreement with each training program and each individual trainee. Those programs with which CPSC already has an affiliation agreement are listed on the individual internship pages. If you would like to receive training at CPSC and your program is not already affiliated with us, please contact Juancarlos Santisteban, LMFT, at email@example.com for more information. Please be aware that the affiliation process can take several weeks to accomplish.
- Master’s student in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, or Marriage & Family Therapy Program. Preference will be given to students from accredited programs (e.g., CACREP, APA, COAMFTE).
- Prior supervised clinical experience, including the provision of individual treatment, some of which must have served adult outpatient clients.
- Must be registered in an appropriate internship course and have the approval of the associated coordinator at the respective university.
To learn more about discipline-specific aspects of our Master’s Internship program please visit the following pages:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and positions are filled when they are available. To apply:
- Complete the application available at http://jobs.weber.edu/postings/9967, attaching a brief cover letter outlining your interest in receiving training at the Weber State University Counseling and Psychological Services Center and any relevant experience. Include your curriculum vitae with the names and contact information of two clinical supervisors.
- Email Juancarlos Santisteban, LMFT, at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify them that you have submitted an application.
Qualified candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.
A criminal background check is required as a condition of practicum/internship appointment. Background checks are conducted by the Weber State University Human Resources Department. Learn more about WSU's background check procedures.
Applications are accepted immediately; positions will remain open until filled.
Weber State University is an AA/EO employer and acts in compliance with all aspects of the ADA. Members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.