Living BIPOC Group
This support group is an opportunity for students of color to gather, learn from each other, and share support. Each group will center around pertinent topics of interest to participants, likely including belonging, self-acceptance, navigating college, relationship difficulties, etc.
Fall Semester 2023 (Starting Sept. 21)
- 1 p.m.
- Student Services Center (SC) 280
Open to Weber State students. Please drop in and join us!
- Counseling & Psychological Services Center: 801-626-6406
- Student Services Building Suit 280
- Donna Hunter, MA, CMHC
- George Valdez, LCSW
Expectations of Group Members
- In order for everyone to express opinions freely, we expect everyone to honor confidentiality. That is, we ask you not to discuss who attended the meeting and what other people said in the meeting with anyone outside of the group. We cannot legally guarantee confidentiality, but it is highly encouraged.
- We expect all group participants to be respectful. This means arriving on time, taking turns talking, and being open to different perspectives.
- This group is not a counseling or therapy group. It is a place where we can learn from each other and discuss issues of concern. If you are interested in receiving individual or group therapy to address personal concerns, speak with the facilitator from the WSU Counseling and Psychological Services Center to find out how to initiate these services.
- If the group is not meeting your needs or expectations, if there are situations in which you don’t feel comfortable, or if you have ideas on how to improve the group, the facilitators will be available briefly after each meeting and welcome your feedback.