Public Relations & Advertising
Class of 1994
“This program continues to evolve and offer new and improved training to provide students with the skill set they need to succeed in the ever-changing and increasingly important world of public relations.”
What You Will Learn
The Public Relations & Advertising interdisciplinary emphasis provides you with the theory and practical skills in writing, critical thinking, marketing, advertising and communicating to influence public opinion across a range of media. In the Public Relations & Advertising emphasis you can specialize in one of the following five tracks:
- Copywriting: Learn to hone your craft through exposure to a broad range of writing styles from advertising to public relations to writing for the web.
- Health Care Public Relations: Focus on public relations in the health care industry with its unique terminology and marketing strategies.
- International Public Relations: Work to help master the political, economic and social structures you will encounter as the global marketplace continues to expand.
- Marketing: Choose a variety of business classes to help you understand consumer behavior and how to sell and influence the public.
- Visual Communication: Focus on understanding how to make verbal and graphic arts messages visually appealing, persuasive and informative.
Careers in Public Relations & Advertising
See a list of career possibilities.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Public Relations and Advertising Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Descriptions
- Four-Year Course Projections
- Degree Map BA
- Degree Map BS
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Major Declaration Form.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.