Interpersonal & Family Communication
Class of 2016
“Other academic programs can give you facts to memorize. The interpersonal and family communication program provides an opportunity to turn knowledge into wisdom.”
What You Will Learn
Choosing the Interpersonal & Family Communication interdisciplinary emphasis will help you understand, explain and improve your friendship, marriage, family and other meaningful long- and short-term interpersonal relationships. Communication is the central enabling feature or framework through which we all function, create and share meaning, sustain identities and negotiate our relationships with each other and the rest of the world. This program of study will teach you to understand complex, dynamic relationships.
Careers in Interpersonal & Family Communication
See a list of career possibilities.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Course Descriptions
- Four-Year Course Projections
- Degree Map BA
- Interpersonal & Family Communication Program Requirements BA (WSU Catalog)
- Degree Map BS
- Interpersonal & Family Communication Program Requirements BS (WSU Catalog)
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Major Declaration Form and have you advisor sign it.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.