Class of 2017
“My favorite thing was the access to the production studio in the library and editing cave. It gave me hands-on experience in an atmosphere where I was able to create relationships with other people in my major.”
What You Will Learn
An emphasis in Digital Media will teach you about the importance of deadlines, budgets, and the impact your actions have on a production team. As an advanced student, you will gain understanding about the art and power of communicating messages through video, audio and the web. The Digital Media interdisciplinary emphasis includes two tracks: Entertainment or Digital Media Production. Instead of a track, you may also complete a minor approved by your advisor.
- Entertainment: Acquire skills in production, writing and content development to prepare to pursue careers within the entertainment industry.
- Digital Media Production: Acquire skills in studio and field production to create institutional, educational and commercial productions.
Careers in Digital Media
See a list of career possibilities.
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Major Declaration Form and have your advisor sign it.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Digital Media Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Description
- Four-Year Course Projections
- Degree Map BA
- Degree Map BS