Additional Information for
Weber State University is located in Ogden, Utah, just north of Salt Lake City. Ogden has four seasons with snow in the winter and sun in the summer. High temperatures can reach 38 degrees Celsius in the summer and low temperatures can reach -12 degrees Celsius. The 2002 winter Olympics were held in Utah and world class skiing is 15 minutes away. Utah is known for its mountain biking, hiking, and other outdoor activities. Over 60 national and state parks are located just hours away from Ogden.
Explore Majors & Programs
Experience quality and variety. We offer hundreds of academic options including majors, minors and certificates. So go ahead: Explore. Double-major. Individualize your major. Add a minor or certificate. There are 225+ ways for you to pursue something that’s just right for you. We can also help you make a decision based on your skills, passions and career goals.
Tuition & Fees
Per year (fall and spring semesters)
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Scholarships are available for qualified new international students. Additional scholarships may be available for students if they live in university housing.
Come See For Yourself
Check out our beautiful campus.
How To Apply & REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- APPLICATION FEE: $65 USD payable online with credit card. Please email us if you are unable to pay online.
- PASSPORT: A clear copy of the identification page of your passport.
- EDUCATIONAL RECORDS: Official transcripts of your academic records and a diploma showing date of completion. Include certified translation into English if necessary.
Note: High School Transcripts are not required if you are applying to LEAP or “English language only” courses, or if you have passed at least 30 degree-seeking credits at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: Weber State offers an English Language (ESL) Pathway Program for students whose score falls just below the requirements. For admission to an academic program of study, you must complete one of the following:
- TOEFL: 500 paper-based or 61 internet-based (please request official results sent to WSU using school code 4941)
- TOEFL Essentials: 6.5
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section.
- SAT Critical Reading score of 420
- ACT English score of 17
- PTE Academic score of 46
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma at an accredited high school
- Attended a U.S. high school for at least 3 years
- Received a grade of “C” or better in a college-level English Composition Course (equal to WSU’s English 1010) at an accredited U.S. college or university
- DUOLINGO English Test: Score of 95 or above (please request official results sent to WSU directly from Duolingo)
- BANK STATEMENT OR BANK LETTER: A bank statement or bank letter that shows the account holder’s full name, the currency type, the balance of the account, and a signature and stamp from a bank official on bank letterhead (needs to be in English). The amount in the bank account should be more than the cost estimate (equal to 1 year tuition and all other expenses) found here.
- DEPENDENT REQUEST: If you are planning to bring a spouse or children as a dependent, please complete the Dependent I-20 Request Form and submit the documents requested in the form.
You will be able to upload most required documents online.
International transfer students should apply here as well.
|Summer Semester Application Due for students applying from outside the U.S.
|Summer Semester Application Due for students transferring from U.S. institution/students from countries that do not require student visa.
|Fall Semester Application Due for students applying from outside the U.S.
|Fall Semester Application Due for students transferring from U.S. institution/students from countries that do not require student visa.
|Spring Semester application due for students applying from outside the U.S.
|Spring Semester application due for students transferring from U.S. institution/students from countries that do not require student visa.