- When should I start the APEX Certificate?
Today! While we encourage students to start the certificate at the beginning of their college experience, it is never too early or too late to participate in these career preparation activities.
- Can I participate if I am not majoring in an Arts & Humanities department?
Currently, the APEX Certificate is reserved for current WSU students majoring and/or minoring in the following Lindquist College of Arts and Humanities departments: Communication, English, Foreign Languages, Film Studies, Performing Arts, and Visual Art and Design.
- What if my minor, Associate Degree, one of my Bachelor of Integrated Studies areas, or Masters Degree is within an Arts & Humanities department?
Students with a minor, Associate’s Degree, Bachelor of Integrated Studies emphasis area, or Masters Degree offered in one of the Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities’ departments (Communication, English, Foreign Languages, Film Studies, Performing Arts, and Visual Art and Design) are eligible for the APEX Certificate.
- What do I receive for completing the APEX Certificate?
Students who complete the APEX Certificate will receive a digital certificate to include in their ePortfolio and display to employers, and a cord at graduation.
- Will the APEX Certificate show on my official transcripts?
This professional certificate encompasses a wide range of career preparation activities and will not appear on your official transcript, but the certificate itself can be shared with employers and showcased in your ePortfolio. By completing the requirements of the certificate and working closely with your APEX Guide and Career Services Counselor, you will learn how to effectively describe the skills and experience you gained from the certificate in your resume, ePortfolio, and job interviews.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions about the APEX Certificate?
Contact the APEX Guide for your specific department. You can find their information on the Contact tab.
- If I am also participating in the Wildcat Advantage Program, can I still complete the APEX Certificate?
Yes! We encourage you to participate in both programs. If any of your experiences meet qualifications in both programs, you may count them in both places. You can learn more about the Wildcat Advantage program on their website.