Admissions Guide


Military Friendly Schools


Over 300 online classes to choose from



Step 1: Recon Weber State University
> Distance Education/Online Classes and Degrees
Your tuition benefits go further with Weber State's low per-credit-hour fee schedule. Weber State offers several distance education degrees through WSU Online and Independent Study, including a Bachelor of Integrated Studies. This customized degree program allows you to combine three different areas of study to combine as a Bachelor's degree. 
Read more about online and independent study programs.

> On-Campus Degrees
We offer classes at five different locations, so you’re sure to find one that works for you. Check out one of our two campuses, Ogden and Davis or one of our three centers in Kaysville, Morgan and Roy, or visit to schedule a tour and see for yourself.

> Credit for Military Training
Weber State accepts some of your military training credits. Read more about how to transfer these credits.

In-State Tuition Rates
If you are active duty, you are likely to quality for resident tuition rates

Step 2: Get Pre-Admission Advising
We'll help you untangle the college web. Contact a pre-admission advisor to get information about how you, as a military/veteran student, can get started with your degree:

Susan Smith
Continuing Education

Step 3: Apply for Admission
> Apply Online or In Person
Once you’ve decided WSU is for you, your next step is to apply for admission. You can apply online HERE or in person at the Ogden or Davis campuses. Your admissions application also serves as your scholarship application. So if you qualify for any academic scholarship, we’ll let you know.
Keep in mind you only have to be admitted once, so you can take classes next semester or next year.

> Set Up a Wildcat Account
A Wildcat account is your one-stop shop for all things Weber. This online portal will allow you to register online, check your transcript, get your student e-mail account, check your financial aid status, pay tuition, as well as review many other activities vital to your education at WSU.

After you’ve been admitted, click HERE to create a Wildcat account. If you encounter any problems with your account, call Computing Support at 626-7777.

> Reactivating GI Bill
If you are coming back to WSU or have already used your MGIB benefits at another school, you must reactivate your GI Bill by filling out an application for a Change of Place of Training or Program (form 22-1995). Take the completed application to Services for Veteran Students.

Apply for your Veterans Educational Benefits
If you haven't applied for your Veterans Educational Benefits, go to

Step 4: See where you stand
After we process your application, the Admissions Office will notify you if you are required to take a Math and English placement exam prior to signing up for classes. A placement exam is a simple test to gauge your knowledge and skills in certain subjects. It’s our way of making sure you don’t end up taking classes you don’t need.

If you need to take a placement exam, visit for testing center hours and locations. If you live more than 50 miles away from WSU and need to arrange an alternate testing site, call 801-626-6645.

Step 5: Talk with an advisor
Schedule an appointment with the appropriate academic advisor to create your plan of study. If you already know what you want to study, visit

An advisor can also help you determine how to best use your transfer courses, if you are transferring from another institution. You can also check out the online transfer guide, to see which courses may transfer.

Step 6: Find out about financial resources
> Take Your Benefits Application to Veteran's Services
After you've applied for your Veterans Educational Benefits, take your application to Veteran's Services:

Services for Veteran Students
Student Services Center, room 154

> Apply to Receive Utah Resident Tuition Rates
If you are stationed in Utah on active duty military orders, or are a Utah resident stationed outside the state, you and your spouse/dependents likely qualify for resident tuition rates which can be received by completing the application for courtesy military resident classification .
How to receive resident tuition rates.

Which GI Bill benefit should you choose?
Click here to see a comparison of GI Bill benefits.

> Post-9/11 GI Bill tuition benefits
Under the new Post-9/11 GI bill, effective August 2009, eligible students can can get their tuition covered up to the cost of tuition and fees at state public colleges, based on undergraduate resident tuition and fees, in addition to receiving housing and book stipends.

> Purple heart recipient?
If you are a Purple Heart recipient you likely qualify for free full tuition and fees at Weber State University . Take your Purple Heart recipient paperwork to the Financial Aid or Scholarship office.

Regardless of your situation or background, there may be resources available to help you with your college expenses. Check with any of the offices below to learn more.

Financial Aid and Scholarship Office

Multicultural Student Center

Nontraditional Student Center

Services for Veteran Students

Student Support Services

Women’s Center

Step 7: Register for class
From Anthropology to Zoology, WSU has something for everyone. You can check out the course listings for the current semester HERE or you can check out the entire course catalog HERE. The catalog also lists the major and minor requirements, as well as general education requirements. If you’d like to meet with an advisor to help you navigate the course listing and decide which classes to take, click HERE.

> Take Your Class Schedule to the Veteran's Services Office
They will help you fill out your certification form so you can start receiving your education benefits.
Veterans Services office is located in the Student Services Center, room 154. Or visit

Step 8: Get ready for class
Take some time before you start to gather the essentials. It will make getting around on campus a lot easier once school starts.

> Get a parking permit and learn your way around if you're taking classes on campus
Purchase a parking permit HERE and map out the best way to get on and off campus HERE.

> Get your Wildcard (Student ID)
The Wildcard ID gives you access to the library, testing center, computer labs, health center, veterans’ benefits, gym and athletic events. You can get your Wildcard at the Ogden or Davis campus.

> Pick up your free UTA Ed Pass
Utah Transit Authority (UTA) Ed Passes are provided to all fee-paying students free of charge. Just present your Wildcard at the Shepherd Union Information Desk at the Ogden Campus or Enrollment Services at the Davis Campus to receive your Ed Pass card. You can ride any UTA bus, Trax or FrontRunner free using your Ed Pass card.

> Get your books and gear
Visit the bookstore at the Ogden or Davis campus to pick up your books and gear. You can even order your textbooks HERE.

> Set up a test proctor
If you are taking an Online or Independent Study course and live more than 50 miles away, you need to set up a test proctor. Click here for details.

Step 9: Use support services
Free tutoring is available for a variety of courses. You can drop in or make an appointment at either the Ogden or Davis campus or the WSU West Center. Also, free study groups are offered through Supplemental Instruction (SI).

If you haven’t been to college before, be sure to check out the First-Year Experience (FYE) Program. This program includes a three-credit hour class (EDUC 1105-Introduction to the University) designed to help with your transition to the college experience. The class assists with improving academic skills, exploring majors and becoming familiar with campus resources. The class is offered at both Ogden and Davis campuses.

Veterans Upward Bound

Student Support Services

Academic Support Centers and Programs

Counseling and Psychological Services

Career Services

Clubs & Organizations

Nontrad Center

Women's Center