Welcome to Weber State University
You are invited to attend the New Faculty Retreat
Presented by The Teaching and Learning Forum
The Zermatt Resort in Midway, UT
August 15 - 17, 2013
Become a part of the Weber State University Community.
Meet other new and 2nd year faculty in an informal setting.
We invite you to:
- Put your ties and heels in the closet and enjoy a relaxed welcome to Weber State University in a beautiful country setting
- Establish professional and social connections across departments and colleges
- Introduction to WSU with Provost and university administrators
- Meet President Wight
- New to Utah? Learn about your new home!
- Group activities including hiking, paddle boarding, and kayaking
- Gather useful resource materials
- Get your burning questions answered
- Enjoy discounts on golf and the spa
- Bring your technology: Laptops, tablets, smart phone, Mac and Android devices (Click here for a list of items)
Family member guests are welcome to join us for the social event and meals.
- Rooms will be provided for all retreat participants
- Retreat participants will be housed in double occupancy room with another retreat participant unless otherwise requested
- If you prefer not to share a room, the charge is $54.50 per night, total $109. Space at the resort is limited, so we will only be able to honor separate room requests on a first-come first-served basis
- All meals are provided for new faculty retreat participants
- Additional meals for family member guests must be purchased in advance
- Meal cost per adult guest will be charged at a flat rate of $59 for the entire retreat
- A shuttle will be provided for attendees to and from the retreat
- Departure will be 10AM on August 15 from WSU, Lot A6
- Parking for breakfast will be in Lot A6
- Driving Yourself? Get Directions Here
- WSU Outdoor Program will provide paddle-boards, inflatable boats, hard shell sit on top boats, and canoes for use at Deer Creek State Park on Friday morning.
- A hike will be offered to Stewart Falls on Friday morning.
- The skill level for this hike is "Easy to Moderate for Children." Please consider the elevation change from what you are accustomed to and your fitness level so you can enjoy this hike.
- The Teaching and Learning Forum will provide free transportation to either Deer Creek or Stewart Falls for those interested.
- Availability of these activities is first come, first served availability but we will try our best to accommodate your activity preferences.
The Retreat Agenda will be available soon.
Questions? Contact us by phone (801) 626-7667
Ready to Register? Click Here