Pre-Medicine Programs, M.D. Emphasis
Acceptance above national average.
The national average of applicants acceptance into medical college is close to 50%. Weber State University has always been higher. As students follow the advisment and recommendation of the program they find that they are aware of their own personal risks when applying.
Extracurricular activities are often the component of an application that makes one more competitive. Getting involved provides students the opportunity to connect with others on campus and in the community. This connection will inhance your effectiveness and compassion as a physician.
- American Medical Student Association "AMSA" (Pre-Med Club)
- Center for Community Engaged Learning
- Extracurricular Requirements
- Patient Care Abroad guidelines
The University, College of Science, and other colleges on Weber's campus provide a variety of scholarships on a competitive basis for qualifying students. Premedical Professional students who are not majoring in the College of Science should contact their major's college &/or department for other opportunities.
- General WSU Scholarships
- COS SCHOLARSHIPS
- AAMC Financial Aid Guide Sheet
- National Health Service Corps (Loan Repayment Prog.)
WSU's course work prepares first & second year medical students even for top ranked medical schools such as Yale, The University of Michigan and Baylor.
When you complete the rigorous study of the pre-medicine program you'll learn the principles of study as well as the necessary study habits to be ready for medical school
The following are co-sponsored events held every fall semester to support pre-med students. The dates for Fall 2013 are:
- Blood & Guts Pre-Med Orientation (September 18 & September 25, both at 6:00pm in room LL130)
- Girls Exploring Medicine (GEM) (October 11)
- Mandatory Applicant Meeting (November 4 at 12:30pm or November 6 at 6:00pm, both in room LL127)
Come prepared with questions when meeting with a WSU pre-medical advisor.
Text for Updates
WSU is currently undergoing revisions in it's texting services. Please check back soon!