We have open space available for faculty and staff in summer semester 2016! Space is limited. Contact us today.
- Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About the Hourly Childcare Center
The Hourly Childcare Center is a state-licensed facility that provides hourly care to WSU students' children while they attend classes or partake in academic events. Students must apply and have set schedules for attendance.
Backup Care is offered for students, and faculty/ staff, when their primary care provider is unavailable (if the center has space that day). Call the center to see if they are available when needed.
- Children ages two through nine may attend
- Must be two years old at the time of enrollment and be potty-trained
- The cost is $3.50 per hour
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $15 application fee
- A $42 deposit required before starting the first day (applied to childcare hours)
Hours (Summer / Fall / Spring)
- Monday - Friday: 6:45 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- * Fall & Spring Evening Hours: Tuesday & Thursday: 6:45 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Child may attend up to 4 hours/day
- Center is open over finals, but closed over breaks and holidays
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Must sign child in with a number where you can be reached including the building and room numbers you will be in
- Campus Leave Request
- Must sign child back out
- Must pick child up by closing
Childcare Center Safety
Your child's safety is our number one priority.
- Evacuation Plan
- We are a state-licensed facility and receive safety and health inspections like any other state-licensed childcare facility
Childcare Center Staff
- All staff receive:
- Background checks
- CPR/First aid
- Ongoing childcare training
- One caregiver per four children
- Childcare Staff
Steps to Apply for the Hourly Childcare Center
- Complete Hourly Childcare Center application (also available in the Nontrad Center, SU 322. Space is limited and the application does not guarantee a seat).
- Parents must apply each semester, including returning parents.
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $15.
- Turn in application, $15 receipt, and a current class schedule to the Hourly Childcare Supervisor.
- Complete Childcare Packet (once accepted you will be notified to come in and complete the packet of information, immunization records, emergency contact, etc.)
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable deposit of $42. Must be paid by the first day of attendance and is applied to the first 12 hours.
- Attend Childcare Orientation (scheduled by Childcare Supervisor).
- Pay fees on a weekly basis.