The Hourly Childcare Center is a state-licensed facility that provides hourly care to WSU students' children (ages 2-9 years old) while they attend classes. Backup Care is offered for students, and faculty/ staff, when their primary care provider is unavailable. Parents must apply each semester, including returning parents.
Steps to Apply for the Hourly Childcare Center:
- Complete Hourly Childcare Center application (also available in the Nontrad Center, SU 322. Space is limited and the application does not guarantee a seat).
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $15.
- Turn in application, $15 receipt, and a current class schedule to the Hourly Childcare Supervisor.
- Complete Childcare Packet (once accepted you will be notified to come in and complete the packet of information, immunization records, emergency contact, etc.)
- Pay a one-time, non-refundable deposit of $42. Must be paid by the first day of attendance and is applied to the first 12 hours.
- Attend Childcare Orientation (scheduled by Childcare Supervisor).
- Pay fees on a weekly basis.
-------- Childcare Center Policy & Safety --------
Your child's safety is our number one priority. Read about our safety policies and procedures below:
- Children ages two through nine may attend
- Must be two years old at the time of enrollment and be potty-trained
- The cost is $3.50 per hour
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $15 application fee
- A $42 deposit required before starting the first day
- All balances must be paid in full by the third of each month
Drop Off / Pick Up
- Must sign child in with a number where you can be reached including the building and room numbers you will be in
- Campus Leave Request
- Must sign child back out
- Must pick child up by 3 p.m.