Associate Professor of History
HISTORY DEPARTMENT STUDENT ADVISOR and HONORS ADVISOR
contact Dr. Francis for major/minor declaration, major/minor progress towards requirements completion, career, graduate school questions, etc.
Available during office hours as posted on office door or appointment by email.
Office - SS 242
Phone - (801) 626-6781
Fax - (801) 626-7613
Email - email@example.com
Research and Teaching Areas: England, Europe, U.S.
Degrees: B.A., Weber State University (1991); M.A., Ph.D., Arizona State University (1994, 1998)
- HIST 1500 World History to 1500 c.e..
- HIST 1510 World History from 1500 c.e. to the Present
- HIST 1700 American Civilization
- HIST 2700 History of the United States to 1877
- HIST 2710 History of the United States since 1877
- HIST 4220 History of the Middle Ages 300-1300
- HIST 4230 Renaissance & Reformation Europe, 1300-1660
- HIST 4280 Hist. of Christianity in Europe
- HIST 4330 History of England to 1714
- HIST 4335 Tudor and Stuart England
- HIST 4340 History of England since 1714
- HIST 4350 History of Modern Germany
Stephen Francis "The Image of Calvin Within Mormonism" in Sober, Strict, and Scriptural: Collective Memories of John Calvin, 1800-2000 Brill Publishing 2009.
Utah Historical Quarterly "Back to Business: Marriner Eccles and the Effect of Public Service on Private Enterprise" Summer 2008
June 2012 Mormon History Association, Calgary, Canada "The Image of Calvin within Mormonism"