Brief Overview: The Association for Utah Community Health (AUCH) administers the AmeriCorps and the Medically Underserved in Utah (AMUU) program which places AmeriCorps members in community-based orgaogdennizations. The AMUU program is recruiting health professions students for AmeriCorps positions in at the Midtown Community Health Center clinics in Utah and Davis Counties. Students will provide patient education and patient navigation services with medically underserved populations (navigation of Medicaid/Medicare, PCN, SCHIP, etc). Training and onsite supervision will be provided. Priority will be given to bilingual applicants.
Since 1990, the Association for Utah Community Health has administered the AmeriCorps and the Medically Underserved in Utah (AMUU) program placing AmeriCorps members in community-based organizations throughout Utah. The AMUU program is adding AmeriCorps positions that will place health professions students in community health centers to provide patient education and navigation (navigation of Medicaid/Medicare, PCN, SCHIP, etc).
- Initial and on-going training using an evidence-based community lay health worker model
- Learn basic principles in disease prevention and management
- Exposure to working with medically underserved population
- Receive an orientation to linguistic and culturally appropriate adult teaching methods
- Opportunity to provide face-to-face, group and phone education using traditional and electronic media
- Student will be placed in a health center for 300 hour or 450 hour internship/placements
- Students will be compensated with a $1,000 to $1,250 education award to be used toward eligible school expenses after successful completion of their placement
- Excellent experience in a community-based setting
For more information, contact Jackie Lumpkin at or 801-716-4604 (office) or 801-674-2409 (cell).
523 N Main St.
Bountiful, UT 84010
As an intern at the Avalon Care Center in Bountiful, students will interact directly with the Activities Director doing recreation therapy. Recreational therapy embraces a definition of "health" which includes not only the absence of "illness", but extends to enhancement of physical, cognitive, emotional, social, and leisure development so individuals may participate fully and independently in chosen life pursuits.
Interns can expect to engage in the following:
- Help assess, plan, implement, and evaluate activities that promote social, emotional, physical, and cognitive health.
- Facilitate groups for residents and families regarding diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, range of motion, etc.
- Educate the community on aging and quality of life.
- Promote community and intergenerational interaction.
- Additional responsibilities as developed by the intern.
For additional information, please contact Amanda Koch:
Work phone: 801-951-1652
Cell phone: 520-331-9825
Brightwork Cottage Senior Day Care CenterInternship Program January-June 2013
Successful candidates for internships at Brightwork Cottage will gain valuable experience working with seniors experiencing memory loss or dementia. Interns will fill roles in a variety of areas including:
• Leading recreational games & activities at Brightwork Cottage
• Leading community outings to parks, museums, etc.
• Planning special parties and social events
• Assisting in transporting seniors to and from their homes
• Preparing meals & snacks
• Beautifying our gardens
• Assisting with public relations & marketing endeavors
• Assisting with office & clerical duties
• Receiving CPR & First Aid Certifications good for 2 years
• Receiving a Utah Food Handler’s Permit
Additional information about activities at Brightwork Cottage can be found at www.brightworkcottage.org.
Interested applicants should write a brief cover letter indicating (1) reasons for wanting to fulfill an internship at Brightwork Cottage and (2) any relevant experience or education. Letters of interest will be accepted until November 15 and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. They may also be mailed or dropped off in person at:
Brightwork Cottage 1603 E. Stratford Avenue Salt Lake City, UT 84117
Internships will last from January to June 2013 after which employment opportunities may be available. Questions may be directed to Jennifer Julian at email@example.com.
Club Heights Elementary School is currently seeking students to assist with the 4-H youth development program. The student intern(s) would be responsible for providing fitness themed small group (10-20 students) activities every Friday for six weeks. The type of events may be aligned with the interests of the student intern(s) but may include yoga, movement, nutrition, dance, sports, stretching, etc. General responsibilities for this position include:
- Attend a short orientation meeting prior to clubs starting.
- Provide Take roll each day.
- Provide consistent positive behavior management.
- Prepare a small display with pictures of group activities for our “Best of Club” celebration March 26th.
Spring 4-H Club Dates: Friday February 10th, 17th, 24th, March 2nd, 9th, and 23rd.
- Kami Winger, CHASP (Club Heights After School Program) Director, 801-452-4254.
- Wendy Phillips, Club Heights Elementary School Counselor, 801-452-4248.
Internship duties include:
- Assist with marketing McKay-Dee Hospital’s Car Seat Program and CPR classes
- Design PowerPoint presentations for the monitor in the hospital lobby
- Assist the Health Educator in teaching babysitting classes
- Practice CHES competencies by acting as a resource person for hospital patients and community members seeking information
- Speak about health related topics at community events as needed
- Represent CHIC at health fairs upon request
- Assist with updating 211ut.org and learning about resources within the community
- Help with ordering pamphlets and other materials for the center
- Attend meetings in the community with the Director
- Obtain CPR certification at no charge
An internship at the Community Health Information Center provides an opportunity to get “real world experience” in a hospital setting. Use your creativity and marketing skills, increase your knowledge of health related topics and practice CHES competencies. It also gives you a chance to network with health educators and other hospital staff. This is a great way to expand your knowledge and your professional portfolio.
Contact Elon Jensen at 801-387-7804
66 East Wadsworth Park Drive
Draper, UT 84020
The Health & Wellness Department has a position available for a Health & Wellness Internship. This
position will directly report to the Health & Wellness Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary focus of this internship is to create a nutrition program that will be implemented companywide.
- Enhance current nutrition efforts (i.e. work with our onsite restaurant, At Work Weight Watchers, etc.).
- Responsible for creating a comfortable environment
- Perform fitness assessments, equipment orientations including both cardiovascular equipment and resistance equipment, and provide one-on-one/group training
- Helps motivate & properly instruct/assist employees during their workout
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking flow within the Wellness Center and charting member attendance and progress
- Ensure a safe and clean facility by inspecting and cleaning equipment within the Wellness Center
- Helps keep clean laundry, drinks and other supplies stocked for associates and guests
- Help create and maintain all records of participants
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned by manager
- Certified Personal Trainer (ACSM, NASM, AFAA, NSCA)
- CPR, First Aid & AED certification required
- Prefer applicants in senior year who have already taken exercise physiology and nutrition courses.
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Detail Oriented, organized, dependable, and creative
- Proactive about duties and tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be committed to encourage and motivate others to exercise and maintain healthy lifestyle through personal example.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced work environment.
- Monday-Thursday 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Must be flexible
- Must be able to fill in when needed (between the hours of 5:45 a.m. and 10 p.m. M-F)
Interested parties should apply online at www.contacts.com/jobs and attach a resume.
The Davis County Health Department has a position open for a health educator intern. The chosen applicant will be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating poison prevention activities in Davis County. More than one internship may be available depending on the applications that are received.
The successful applicant should:
• Be working on completing a degree in health promotion, public health, health education or a closely related field
• Be comfortable presenting health information to groups
• Have their own transportation • Be self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
• Be comfortable working with Microsoft Office
• Be able to pass a background check and drug screening
If interested in applying, send your resume to Chris Bateman at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must be received no later than December 31st by 5:00 p.m.
Interviews will be scheduled for the week of January 7th-11th. The successful candidate will begin the internship during the week of January 14th.
Hours: Flexible, Some nights & Some Saturdays
Description of intern:
- Help Plan, Implement & Evaluate sports programs( for kids), under the direction of a Gym manager
- Office work, cold calling to update data, data entry, etc..
- Help Market and Promote upcoming events
- Help run facility
- Communicate with Gym patrons
- Clean up after any accidents during events
- Monitor, and scan for any problems during shift
- Be an Assistant Facilities Director
Intern Must be:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Publisher
- Be able to take instructions
- Be a Proactive problem solver
- Be able to communicate w/ staff and patrons
- Multi task
- Enjoy people
- Be able to take criticism
- Handle situations in the heat of the moment
If you are interested you can Contact Nate Hibbert to set up an appointment at
email@example.com or call The Gym at (801)731-6387
2025 West 2805 South
West Haven, UT 84401
- Health Behavior Innovations specializes in developing corporate wellness programs for companies. HBI is dedicated to promoting the health of individuals. To do this we focus on supporting our participants through personal health coaching, education and behavior modification.
Your Time Here
- At HBI you have the unique opportunity to experience the corporate wellness arena while getting hands-on, real world application of your education. You will have the opportunity to not only utilize your education but receive exposure to what it takes to run a successful corporate wellness company that actually helps people make lasting lifestyle changes.
- While here at HBI you will have the opportunity to work side by side with the Clinical Management team assisting them in what it takes to run, manage and train a successful coaching staff. You will also have the opportunity to learn about the business and operations integration of wellness in a corporate environment.
- Additionally, you will have the chance to work individually, in pairs and as an internship team on educational presentations, newsletters and courses to be presented to our clients. We are looking for self-motivated and driven Juniors and Seniors in Health Science majors interested in completing a minimum of 200 hours internship over a minimum of 10 weeks. Opportunity for continued work with HBI may be available based on availability and successful completion of the internship.
- Seniors or graduate students in a health science major. Must be currently enrolled.
- You will receive a stipend after successful completion of your internship. Stipend amount is based on number of successful internship hours completed.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Recruitment@AppleProgram.com. www.HealthBehaviorInnovations.com www.AppleProgram.com
Come work in a hands-on environment in planning health promotion programs, educational classes, health and fitness expos, races, tournaments, and many other events
Opportunities to perform fitness assessments and equipment orientations are also available. Work with fitness professionals, exercise physiologists, a registered dietitian as well as military and civilian employees.
Internships available fall, spring, or summer semesters.
Contact Katherine Purser by email
firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-777-2762.
Community Outreach and Prevention Education
Outreach interns must be college seniors or graduate students. Outreach interns are normally serving to satisfy a college-level internship in community health education or a related field. Interns must have reliable transportation and insurance. Mileage reimbursement will be provided for travel to/from events and Huntsman Cancer Institute.
Outreach interns attend community events, health fairs, and other cancer related events to provide information about cancer prevention and screening. Interns help with program planning, writing grants, and presentations at local schools, churches, and community organizations.
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume, two letters of recommendation, and availability to email@example.com.
New interns are accepted each semester: Consider applying early.
This is an unpaid internship with rewards. In addition to personal satisfaction from helping others, Huntsman Cancer Institute extends the following benefits to volunteers.
- Free parking
- Lunch voucher for each four hour shift worked
- Free annual tuberculosis screening
- Annual volunteer recognition awards
- Inclusion in many Huntsman Cancer Institute events, including the annual summer picnic and holiday events
- Information about the latest in research and patient care
- Lori Maness, Outreach Coordinator, Community Outreach & Prevention Education, Huntsman Cancer Institute, 1950 Circle of Hope, Room 6060, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 (801) 587-9976. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org