Mission: To increase college participation through access and outreach partnerships that encourage underrepresented students to pursue and successfully complete a post-secondary education.
ANNOUNCEMENTS:The Smithsonian Latino Center is accepting applications for its Young Ambassadors Program. This program provides students with a week long, all-expenses paid training and leadership seminar and a four-week internship. It is open to graduating high school seniors with a commitment to the arts, sciences, or humanities as it pertains to the Latino communities. The deadline is April 6, 2015.
Senior Recognition Night
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Weber State Ballrooms A & B, Shepherd Union Building
We would like to recognize the outstanding efforts of this year's high school graduates who have participated in our programs (Student 2 Student, State GEAR UP, TRiO Talent Search, and TRiO Upward Bound).
To RSVP, or for more information, please call our office at 801-626-7006 or e-mail Aaron McFarland at email@example.com.
- State GEAR UP is seeking tutors for the Ogden, Davis, and Weber school districts. Tutor job posting (Requisition Number 07983)
EAO Calendar of Events
|Mar. 28||FAFSA Frenzy||Visit our FAFSA Frenzy page for more information.|
|Apr. 15||Utah State University College Visit||Contact our State GEAR UP Office at 801-395-3547 for more information.|
|Apr. 28||Senior Recognition Night||Contact our office at 801-626-7006 for more information.|
|May 15||TRiO Talent Search Northern Tour||Contact our office at 801-626-7006 for more information.|
Education Access & Outreach
Student Service Building
3885 West Campus Dr. Dept 1122
Ogden UT 84408-1122
- Academic Outreach Support
- ACT preparation
- Mentor/tutor training
- College enrollment assistance
- Financial aid/scholarship assistance
- Academic advisement, college and career planning
- Campus visits, events, conferences
- Cultural and summer programs
- College workshops for students, families and the community
- Referrals to community resources