These are the steps to creating a simple form that will email its results to an email address that you specify.
The form tools in Site Manager work best when using Internet Explorer.
You'll be using the "insert form element" button quite a bit. This is on the second row of icons, and is the second to last one. Save often.
- Click on the "form" icon to add the form.
- Resize the form if necessary by "grabbing" the corner with the mouse and dragging.
- Set the form's action property to "https://apps.weber.edu/forms/mailhandler.aspx"
- Add tables, text, and layout.
- Add form elements (buttons, textfields, etc. be sure to include a 'submit' button)
- Name form elements, these are the names that will appear in the email.
- Add a "Hidden" form element, name it "TO", set the value to the email address that will receive the form results
- Add a "Hidden" form element, name it "SUBJECT", set the value to the desired subject line for your messages (e.g. "Registration Question")
- Add a "Hidden" form element, name it "CONFIRMATION", set the value to the URL of the page that the user will see after submitting the form.
- Click on the "HTML" icon "< >" to make sure "Method=Post" is in the code.
- <form style="WIDTH: ###px; HEIGHT: ###px" action=https://apps.weber.edu/forms/mailhandler.aspx method=post>