Weber State University Davis Campus Timeline

Key dates:

 

1940    Weber College teaches aeronautics classes for pilots and Civil Aeronautics Association (CAA) members; trains civilian employees for newly‑opened Hill Air Force Base

 

1974    Weber State College begins teaching academic classes at HAFB

 

1992    WSU opens its Clearfield Center at Lakeside Plaza mall in Clearfield

 

1994    WSU opens its Layton Center in a mall on Antelope Drive in Layton. Clearfield Center relocates, joins Layton Center

            WSU acquires land for Davis Campus

 

1996    State Board of Regents, WSU and Division of Facilities and Construction Management develop an initial master plan for Davis campus.

 

1997    WSU opens its Davis Center in the former Mountain Fuel building on Gordon Avenue in Layton. Layton Center relocates to the Davis Center.

 

1999   WSU receives approval from the State Board of Regents to offer a

           master’s of business administration degree (MBA) through its Layton

           campus.

 

2001    Legislature approves funding for Davis Campus design and construction

            Shortfall in tax revenues holds back construction money

            Design phase proceeds

 

2002   Legislature restores funding for WSU Davis Campus.
           Ground is broken for WSU Davis Campus construction.

 

2003    WSU opens the first of ten proposed buildings on its full‑service university campus in Davis County‑‑ the WSU Davis Campus.

Contact:
John Kowalewski, director of Media Relations
(801) 626-7212 · jkowalewski@weber.edu
Author:
John Kowalewski, director of Media Relations
(801) 626-7212 · jkowalewski@weber.edu