Benefits to student tutors are equal to, or even possibly greater than, the benefits to tutored students:
- National Tutor Certification from the "College Reading and Learning Association"
- Greater mastery of the subjects you tutor
- Interpersonal skill development
- A glimpse into the teaching and helping professions which may assist you in making career decisions
- Improved ability to communicate
- Greater self-confidence as you see yourself taking on a challenging job and doing it well
- The personal satisfaction that comes from knowing you have helped someone else
- Academic credit for training
- $$ Monetary compensation $$
- Flexible hours
Applications are available in the Student Service Center, room 160, phone 626-7484.